Sponsored

Is the base 2018-2020 Mustang GT similar to 2015-17 GT Perfromance Pack?

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Depends on the shop. I believe its like a 4 hour job. So does the shop charge hourly or give a rate.
Thanks. I'll find out what they say. It may be a good idea to shop around. I've heard that shimming them is an artform.
Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I just have never heard of any one that I personally know not adjusting the calibration. Its like saying I went from 275/40 to a 305/35 tire. Yeah there’s only a -1mile difference on the odometer/speedomter and it works but is it 100% correct. But like I said you might be correct with the S550s although the article I sent mentions 2015+ models. I just wanted to make one other point. If you have an auto in regards to changing gear ratios how do the shift points adjust with out a tune/pcm adjustment? From what I understand even Ford performance with some of their power packs include PCM flashes for the gear ratio changes.
Auto what's been tuned seems to be fine too for ~1 year. The AM article is correct for models prior to 2015. There's nothing saying you can't/shouldn't get it programmed for the different ratio, but if you don't have the right tool (dealer tool or Whipple Flare tool), you'll make more of a mess than help.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
In stock form the 15 + cars can auto adjust up to a 3.73 ratio without needing any tuning. If you have Forscan you can tune for any gear. If you have the Ford performance tune your car will auto adjust up to a 4.09 gear.

Anyone having trouble using Forscan doesn't understand the interface.
Sponsored