Sponsored

Is it worth buying these texas speed headers if it has these dents on one of them?

Reallynel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Roush
I'm looking to buy texas speed headers for my 15' mustang. I stumbled upon these used ones for a little bit less than half the price of new ones. So they cheap. The only thing holding me back from buying is the dents on the passenger header. The owner states that he had no idea that it was there until he removed them from his that was also a 15' mustang. Should I give them a shot since it's a good deal? I posted a image of the header with the dents

Screenshot_20240517_111756_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Someone did that to clearance them, (Texas Speed headers aren't a great fit) but it will have no impact on performance

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I have read many times that denting them in like that has zero effect on their performance.
It honestly seems to me like the dents would introduce a restriction, or at least change the exhaust gas flow, but apparently it doesn't matter.

OP
OP
Reallynel

Reallynel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone did that to clearance them, (Texas Speed headers aren't a great fit) but it will have no impact on performance
From what he told me, apparently he might of hit something. He said he didn't have to deal with clearance issues when he installed them. But he didn't feel a difference in performance when he had them on. He noticed it when he Uninstalled them.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
From what he told me, apparently he might of hit something. He said he didn't have to deal with clearance issues when he installed them. But he didn't feel a difference in performance when he had them on. He noticed it when he Uninstalled them.
I mean, you can see the dozens of impact marks in the indentations, clearly caused by some sort of tool.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Reallynel

Reallynel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have read many times that denting them in like that has zero effect on their performance.
It honestly seems to me like the dents would introduce a restriction, or at least change the exhaust gas flow, but apparently it doesn't matter.
Yea I thought it would affect performance thats what I'm worried about. But the deal is great. I just don't want to be out a header at some point after buying it. But like I said to the other reply apparently he didn't notice anything until he Uninstalled them.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
True. That is only his word.
Doesn't really matter as long as there isnt a hole in them. One thing you need to consider though, is that headers really aren't worth the cost and effort on these cars unless your going to boost it. Loud AF, emission issues, and you won't even notice the performance gain

OP
OP
Reallynel

Reallynel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't really matter as long as there isnt a hole in them. One thing you need to consider though, is that headers really aren't worth the cost and effort on these cars unless your going to boost it. Loud AF, emission issues, and you won't even notice the performance gain
Yea true. I was planning on getting the car fbo tuned more towards the fall. I'm just getting the stuff that I can install now that I don't need a tune for.i also wanted the car more loud. I already the the roush axle back and x pipe

OP
OP
Reallynel

Reallynel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another thing from my last reply to this. I wasn't planning on boosting the car. Only because I don't trust the MT82 lasting that long after it's boosted. I feel more comfortable just keeping it fbo

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Another thing from my last reply to this. I wasn't planning on boosting the car. Only because I don't trust the MT82 lasting that long after it's boosted. I feel more comfortable just keeping it fbo
Get some 47/lb injectors and an E85 tune. Way better bang for the buck.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Yea definitely the plan
Intake and exhaust don't really do shit on these cars, they just make noise. Tune and Corn, thats all you need.

philly gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Intake and exhaust make a big difference in our cars. I have 16 GT with a Gt350 intake manifold and throttle body, air intake, long tube headers and aftermarket exhaust, and a tune. My car makes 449 to the tires. I spoke to a tuner and asked him if I could get more with e85 and injectors and he said that I wouldn't get much more
Sponsored