Sponsored

Is it possible to Add Magneride to a 2020 GT PP1?

RYGO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Was looking at some suspension upgrades and the question came up in my head. Can you get the factory magneride installed on a 2020 gt without magneride? I looked under the car and the wiring and connectors seem to be there. Has anyone else added it on after the fact or know if its possible?

E04080D8-E83F-4D45-B1FB-B7BA85205258.jpeg

68E651A4-4C7F-4FAC-8B93-F82ED6C7F177.jpeg

2E032530-4997-4661-91BD-4B56748ED6C2.jpeg
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Theoretically - yes, Practically - not. You will need to do wiring, install ride height sensors and most likely new control arms that allow for that, new rear spring(s) and VDM (vehicle dynamics module) which sits in the trunk and controls it - you will also have to reprogram few modules so they talk to VDM - since it needs input from the car on the HS-CAN bus to work.

It'll be easier to sell this this car and buy one with Magneride IMHO.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have put 12k miles on a non mag pp1 and think the car rides very good. I did not buy a mustang to ride like a caddy... lol.
Magneride is far from being luxurious or plush - it's much better damped even in a Normal mode than OEM Ford shocks. It stiffens up nicely in a track mode on a compression damping side (and rebound too). It's far superior to standard OEM shocks, it can easily be outmatched in track application by well done coilovers though.

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Magneride is far from being luxurious or plush - it's much better damped even in a Normal mode than OEM Ford shocks. It stiffens up nicely in a track mode on a compression damping side (and rebound too). It's far superior to standard OEM shocks, it can easily be outmatched in track application by well done coilovers though.
I added Ford racing track shocks/struts and it rides the same.

OP
OP
RYGO

RYGO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Theoretically - yes, Practically - not. You will need to do wiring, install ride height sensors and most likely new control arms that allow for that, new rear spring(s) and VDM (vehicle dynamics module) which sits in the trunk and controls it - you will also have to reprogram few modules so they talk to VDM - since it needs input from the car on the HS-CAN bus to work.

It'll be easier to sell this this car and buy one with Magneride IMHO.
The wiring is already in place.

OP
OP
RYGO

RYGO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Just needs modules, sensors, shocks, springs, programming.

OP
OP
RYGO

RYGO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Just needs modules, sensors, shocks, springs, programming.
Seems like coil overs are the way to go though. I just liked the idea of pushing a button and the suspension changes immediately rather than having to wrench settings on the car.

OP
OP
RYGO

RYGO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
I have put 12k miles on a non mag pp1 and think the car rides very good. I did not buy a mustang to ride like a caddy... lol.
I get you there. I’m thinking more for performance though. In doing some research the magnaride can ride like stock or stiffen up and handle better for track all with a switch of a button. They use it on supercars too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RYGO

RYGO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Here's the closest I've seen anyone get, but it seems way too involved to be worth it and I don't think anyone's actually done it yet. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/magneride-retrofit.140268/
Thanks for the link. As a union electrician I’m not worried about the wiring end and I think most of the wiring was done from factory on mine anyway. Just wondering why it’s so unknown. Even my local Ford Dealer couldn’t answer the question. Ive seen American Muscle offer upgrades to the magneride and wonder how badass they must be when upgraded.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Bag it
Sponsored