Sponsored

is it limp mode or what?

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I have gt19 FBO(tuner in overseas I trust)E85 A10.

I was roll racing the other night and the shifter was in S then moved it to D but somehow I threw it to N and the car of course was revving to redline, then the car was stock on the first gear with shaking if I try to push the pedal around 50% no matter if it's N or D(thought I broke the transmission), so i drove to a safe place slowly and shut the car off and re-upload the tune and everything got normal again.

The other time I revved it to redline while the transmission was in P( I know I'm not supposed to) just to see how far i can go. Anyway, I let the RPM goes to ideal then put it in reverse to leave the garage but the transmission isn't engaged (when switching through R, N or D it can't work until I shut the car off for a minute then everthing was normal)

so what is actually happening here? anyone got the same thing? is it limp mode( normal thing?) or a tune problem ?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You're definitely upsetting the transmission computer. Stock tune won't allow more than 4K RPM revs in neutral, so stop doing that, lol. It's really hard on the timing chains because the tensioners can't keep up well when you have that much RPM variance with no load.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It’s called abuse protection. Your tuner can turn it off if you want

Sponsored