Sponsored

Is Boostane really that bad for our cars?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Are you running a 2018+?

You shouldnt be detonating on 11:1 with all those mods unless your tunes fucked
2018+ is 12:1... just sayin’
Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I personally ran about 50 cans of octanium over a year or so.. no issues

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
It's not meant to be a permanent fuel solution and absolutely coats the engines internals in gunk and varnish. If you have a 2018+ I would not risk that cars fuel system running it. Direct injection is very sensative and needs to be kept clean and Fed with good fuel.

Check this out look at how fucked up his cylinderwalls are

Building a street Car is very different than a "race car" or dyno queen.

If you are knocking on 93 lower your boost, dial back the timing, run colder spark plugs, Run alcohol injection or pull the motor and buy low compression pistons...

Or send it to the moon and melt a piston and just factor replacement shortblocks as a maintenance item...
It didn't blow up because of the Boostane. I'm not sure why it did (not going to sit through that much awkward conversation and standing around) but it was not the Boostane that did it. I have run Boostane for years now and I have had zero ill effects. The car runs better with it, it's just that simple.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Are there any other octane boosters that work as well?

MMT. Is this a good thing or bad thing? What about the ones that advertise no MMT. Do they work?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Are there any other octane boosters that work as well?

MMT. Is this a good thing or bad thing? What about the ones that advertise no MMT. Do they work?
MMT is the active ingredient in all brands of octane boosters. If it doesn’t have it, it won’t work. Boostane has developed a proprietary carrier that suspends the MMT for better more accurate distribution.

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Lots of misinformation out there for sure. I can say for certain Boostane is safe to run regularly, just follow the mixing chart for proper amount and octane needed.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
There is nothing in this video of value to prove or disprove MMT or boostane has any negative affects. This video is purely opinion, and not from a very credible source.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I ran Boostane in every tank for the 16,200 miles I owned my previous vehicle with Zero issues. If and when I get custom tuned I will be running it again.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
There is nothing in this video of value to prove or disprove MMT or boostane has any negative affects. This video is purely opinion, and not from a very credible source.
Nice to see you around Shawn! Maybe you’ve been on and I didn’t notice... hope you’re staying well.
Sorry... off topic

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I run .6oz per gallon. Per their mix chart, it takes 91 to 97 octane. Every little bit to keep the detonation gremlins at bay, especially with having a Whipple Gen V Stage II setup.

Sponsored

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
1oz per gallon for 3 years now no problems. Change out the plugs and I just clean/wipe off the O2's. I have even just cleaned the plugs and had no problems.

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
I had a whippled terminator and had it tuned for torco and had no issues. I just started using boostane pro in this car. It only has the whipple tune but makes about 13.5 lbs of boost with a 3.625 so I decided to use it with 93. I went with a full can of 32oz into a full 16 gallon tank. Looking at these posts I think I will cut it back to 1oz per gallon and get 2 tank fulls out of 1 can. The car does feel stronger. has anybody ran dyno tests with just straight 93 then a pull with boostane and seen timing and hp actually added by the pcm automatically on boosted cars?.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Our copper head ECU's are designed to automatically adjust the timing when it senses more octane in the tank. Your tuner can enhance this even further. I've seen dyno #'s that show increases of 50-70 whp on boosted cars with the more concentrated octane boosters like boostane, optanium & Torco.

Blackjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I know that MMT is bad stuff, at least if you run it every tank on an emissions equipped car. It's not cheap, but I cut Sunoco 260 GT 50/50 with 91 pump gas, which is the best I have available. Gets me to 95, and the Whipple tune seems to be happy with it. Plugs are a normal brownish color as well. Will have a Lund tune soon, and will taylor to this mix.

Per SAE: MMT caused plugging of monolithic converters located close to the exhaust manifold; partial plugging of an underfloor bead converter; an increase of hydrocarbon emissions from the engines; and excessive spark plug deposits.
Sponsored