Sponsored

Is anybody's '18 on Cotus yet?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
When is your expected to be built? Mine is expected to be built December 18th. And my allocation week is the first week of December :)
Don't know yet, my dealership didn't give me that information.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know yet, my dealership didn't give me that information.
You should ask for it. This is what mine gave me but I was threatening to cancel my order.
22829566_10155015136933730_911700366171418918_o.png

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I got my VIN this morning!

I really got screwed with my 2015 mustang (took over three months of dealers not letting me touch "the new mustang" let alone test drive, plus they screwed up and then refused to acknowledge a damaged steering rack, which made me drive for over 1/2 year (of my 3 year lease) with steering that wobbled), so my salesperson told me few days ago that I had priority code 1!

It says "In Order processing", but the vin got on COTUS as of this morning.

No expected build date, or any other info... But I think I need to go generate my x-plan number...

I want to call my dealer and bug them to gimme the DORA so I can see more info (and verify that it is priority 01), but I am just glad that my car showed up on COTUS.

You should ask for it. This is what mine gave me but I was threatening to cancel my order.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my VIN this morning!

I really got screwed with my 2015 mustang (took over three months of dealers not letting me touch "the new mustang" let alone test drive, plus they screwed up and then refused to acknowledge a damaged steering rack, which made me drive for over 1/2 year (of my 3 year lease) with steering that wobbled), so my salesperson told me few days ago that I had priority code 1!

It says "In Order processing", but the vin got on COTUS as of this morning.

No expected build date, or any other info... But I think I need to go generate my x-plan number...

I want to call my dealer and bug them to gimme the DORA so I can see more info (and verify that it is priority 01), but I am just glad that my car showed up on COTUS.
You don't need the DORA to see the priority code, just the order confirmation will do. And if your dealership is like mine, they will just refuse to provide the DORA.

Knasir84

ECOBEAST
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stangmode
Vehicle(s)
2018 FORD MUSTANGT GT PP 10A
same exact information

22829566_10155015136933730_911700366171418918_o.png
Yes, I got the same exact build date of 12/18/2017, so looks like I wont get mine till Early January:shrug:, what do you mean by just before the plant shuts down, do you mean for Christmas?

Sponsored

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I got the same exact build date of 12/18/2017, so looks like I wont get mine till Early January:shrug:, what do you mean by just before the plant shuts down, do you mean for Christmas?
I heard they are closed for Christmas and New Years. But I'm not sure.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing changed for me today, still just on cotus with no other information.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Mine just showed up on COTUS today - I have a VIN! Ordered on 10/16, so pretty quick all things considered.

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Ordered 8/2 and just showed up on cotus as order processing today. Annoyed that it took that long for any sign of acceptance. How long has it typically taken for the rest of you folks to gain visibility into the estimated build dates etc?

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 8/2 and just showed up on cotus as order processing today. Annoyed that it took that long for any sign of acceptance. How long has it typically taken for the rest of you folks to gain visibility into the estimated build dates etc?
I ordered mine on 8/26 and I received my VIN on 10/26. So about 2 months :)

Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
mine has been on cotus for a while, but today, even though it still says in order processing, it now says delivery date of 12/5, 32 days to go, not sure how that will be if the build date is 11/30 and im in AZ, but at least it shows more!

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mine has been on cotus for a while, but today, even though it still says in order processing, it now says delivery date of 12/5, 32 days to go, not sure how that will be if the build date is 11/30 and im in AZ, but at least it shows more!
mine has a placeholder that says EDD is 01/01/2020 :shrug:

also, do you have your window sticker yet?

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
mine has a placeholder that says EDD is 01/01/2020 :shrug:

also, do you have your window sticker yet?
Until COTUS changes to “in production” status, I don’t believe you’re able to see your window sticker.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
The timing has something to do with how the dealer entered the order. Mine was a dealer order and was put in COTUS, scheduled to be built, and actually built during that window before the plant was given the 'ok to buy' for retail customer orders. Since mine was built before the 'ok to buy' was given, it now seems to have been lost on the lot full of Mustangs that were actually built before it was 'ok to buy'. It might need to be reinspected and/or it might just be sitting there waiting to be found. I'm still hoping for an early December delivery.

Last edited:

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Ordered 8/25, and it JUST appeared on COTUS this morning.
Sponsored