Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Hey guys, so I daily drive my s550 . And have been seeing that maybe something like a centri blower would be a better choice for a daily driver due to the power delivery kicking in around 3k rpm or higher ? is this true ? what do you guys think ? of can u still daily a tvs and have it feel normal
Sponsored

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
The TVS type of Super charger will act just as normal, until you were to lay into the throttle, then it will roar.
But you would never know the difference in driving the car otherwise. Feels totally normal, Until.
I am on my 4 th TVS Mustang and love them. Everything about them. great experience.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
The TVS is a fantastic daily driver!

They will feel like stock when you want it to and feel gnarly when you ask it to.

Roots type (TVS) blowers are the primary OEM type supercharger as well. If they weren’t daily driver friendly the car companies wouldn’t use them.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
2 years going strong here. Multiple dragstrip passes each year, lots of street time, almost 10k miles in on my setup. Made 643 at the wheels. No complaints, drives like it did before the blower until you mash the GAP pedal down.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I don’t see an issue with either a PD or Centri on a DD. The power is there if you need it. If you don’t, either one will act normal under normal driving. The only minor drawback is the extra components that *could potentially fail.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
like others stated..

my vmp odin kit feels like stock until i dont want it to. either setup will be fine for a DD. personally..i wanted a PD supercharger for my DD as i can use the boost more easily whenever i want to.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
I don’t see an issue with either a PD or Centri on a DD. The power is there if you need it. If you don’t, either one will act normal under normal driving. The only minor drawback is the extra components that *could potentially fail.
those components are in the centri or pd ?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
As a street car, daily or weekend warrior you'll be perfectly fine. We've gone 100k miles in a whipple and a roush 2.3 TVS with zero issues. Other than replacing the belt every 15k miles nothing else needed to be done outside of normal maintenance like plugs. Give us a shout if you have any questions on which setup would be suit your goals!

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
No supercharger (unless it’s very poorly set up/tuned) is going to explode with unintended power at low part throttle during normal driving. If you drive normally it will feel normal...a mostly closed throttle blade and open bypass will overpower an otherwise very high power engine. When you ask for a lot of power, that’s when they’ll deliver.

if you’re interested in daily drivability I’d look at the tunes before worrying about power delivery. Since you’re gen2 consider Whipple and Roush for pd. I don’t know about the centris.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
No supercharger (unless it’s very poorly set up/tuned) is going to explode with unintended power at low part throttle during normal driving. If you drive normally it will feel normal...a mostly closed throttle blade and open bypass will overpower an otherwise very high power engine. When you ask for a lot of power, that’s when they’ll deliver.

if you’re interested in daily drivability I’d look at the tunes before worrying about power delivery. Since you’re gen2 consider Whipple and Roush for pd. I don’t know about the centris.
Personally for pd i would look at the vmp odin/loki and whipple. Not roush.

I agree with the rest though.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Funny how gt500s have been using tvs or pd style forever and daily driven. You put one on a fox and now its not daily friendly? I don't think so. They are made to be daily driven and reliable.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The drivability of a TVS (or any PD blower really) is fundamentally tied to the tune.
If you get a tuner who ramps up the pedal rate to something like sport mode, you’ll find it very difficult to open a larger type TB with any subtlety. The result is an almost instant loss of vacuum, followed by closure of the bypass valve and that‘s when the fun (or stupidity) begins. Hilarious if you can drive and anticipate it, not so cool if you‘re not on top of it and don’t like occasional surprises.

Conversely, a tuner who is focussed more on manners, might offer a stock or slightly slower than stock pedal to TB ratio, giving you some flexibility and precision.

For a daily driven manual vehicle, the TVS (except Roush) and a good tune would be my go to, followed by Whipple.
Auto would change the equation slightly. Drag racing as well.
It’s all about how you drive and how/where you want the power to arrive.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
All types of blowers out there, but excellent drivability has to do with tuning and is not specific to which blower you have.
Sponsored