Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Recently while stopped with the car running I have had my gauge and stereo shut down, which I address by restarting my car. However, yesterday I was moving when it happened and my steering locked up. DAYMN! I have called my local dealership and they can't get me in for 3 weeks! Has anyone had an issue with this and what can you tell me. Is this comething I can address????
Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
It's happened twice on my 2019. Just this weekend I saw something about a recall for the dash blanking out and a reprogram. So guess I will be calling the dealer to see when I get it in to be checked.

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
It's happened twice on my 2019. Just this weekend I saw something about a recall for the dash blanking out and a reprogram. So guess I will be calling the dealer to see when I get it in to be checked.
Good to hear, if anyone knows anything more about this, let me know.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Recently while stopped with the car running I have had my gauge and stereo shut down, which I address by restarting my car. However, yesterday I was moving when it happened and my steering locked up. DAYMN! I have called my local dealership and they can't get me in for 3 weeks! Has anyone had an issue with this and what can you tell me. Is this comething I can address????
What gauge cluster do you have? Digital or Analog?

Did steering fully lock? Or did it just get very difficult to move?

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
The dealer had my car on Tuesday and checked it out. They couldn't find any codes explaining it, tried reprogramming. Then decided to order a new gauge cluster to replace it after talking with Ford.

Waiting for the replacement to arrive now.

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
What gauge cluster do you have? Digital or Analog?

Did steering fully lock? Or did it just get very difficult to move?
It's a 2016 gt350 with the "tech package" The power steering just failed, but didn't fully lock. I have been driving it with my volts showing on my dash and have noticed that from time to time, it dips down to 12 or below. That's when the failure happened. Oddly, it's been working pretty consistantly lately.
Sponsored