Sponsored

Interior Rattle Question

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
With 500 miles on her I’ve developed a pretty bad rattle at the location in the picture. It shows up on bumps at lower speeds, and then just hums along with the frequency of the car at highway speed.

Rather not have the dealer mess with it. Is there an easy/free way to see a diagram of this part so I can figure out the best way to take it off and fix the rattle inside? I poked around on the ford parts website and found the diagram there but it wasn’t really clear enough for me.

I assume it just pops out, but I’d hate to break the tabs...or screw something else up with the underlying material.
1ACC820D-181D-43A7-9944-16AC51CF9BE9.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
oh lord! the title of your post gave me a minor heart attack lol!

OP
OP
LightningBlueGT

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
oh lord! the title of your post gave me a minor heart attack lol!
Haha good point. Updated the title to specify interior rattle...not engine rattle :-)

OP
OP
LightningBlueGT

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Popped it open. It’s the metal curtain airbag canister making the noise. Probably shouldn’t mess around with that too much.

/edit. There was a spot where the metal of the canister was lightly touching the frame of the car. I put some very thin fabric between the spots. Seems to be solved, and shouldn’t cause any issues.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Popped it open. It’s the metal curtain airbag canister making the noise. Probably shouldn’t mess around with that too much.

/edit. There was a spot where the metal of the canister was lightly touching the frame of the car. I put some very thin fabric between the spots. Seems to be solved, and shouldn’t cause any issues.
I have a similar sound on the passenger's side. Was there a specific way to get it off or can it just be pried?
Sponsored