Sponsored

Interior Cowl Rattle

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
I tried a search and could not find much, but not sure if this is the correct part name. I'm calling it the interior cowl; the leather piece on each side of the dash.

I get a rattle that sounds like papers crinkling and if I hit or put presser on the dash cowl it stops. Just wondering if anyone had a solid fix for this?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I have the same issue I think. My dash rattles like crazy, has since the day I got the car. If I push on the dash it stops momentarily but always comes back. I also have a rattle in the rear somewhere.
Anyone had any success getting rid of these noises?

OP
OP
shockme66

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same issue I think. My dash rattles like crazy, has since the day I got the car. If I push on the dash it stops momentarily but always comes back. I also have a rattle in the rear somewhere.
Anyone had any success getting rid of these noises?
Thanks for the feedback. My Cowl rattle was from day one also, it doesn't happen every day but once and awhile.

As for the noise int he back. I have the same thing on the passenger side. I was looking into it yesterday and noticed that that plastic panel int he back is not as secure as the driver side and think if I put a felt spacer in there that may resolve the issue. Again I don't hear this all the time, but as the weather gets colder I'm sure more creaks will come out.

OP
OP
shockme66

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI - I think I fixed and identified the issue. There are actually two things that were making noise for me.

1. small panel that houses the head light switch. I saw some fixes out there by removing the panel and adding some felt/tape. There is a ford SSM out there too.

2. Silver ring around tack gauge was making some squeaking noise.

I was able to kill both noises but folding a piece of black (for cosmetic reasons) construction paper between the tack rink and the light switch panel. This firms things up an so far has eliminated both noises. If this continues to work I may go back and remove the panel an put a piece of felt take in place of the paper, but may also leave well enough alone; you can't see the paper and the rattles are gone!!
Sponsored