Sponsored

Interior plastic scratches on new car ☹️

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
OP I wouldn’t stress too much on those marks, I also have OCD when it comes to my car, but the marks on the door you will get the more you drive the car. The stuff inside the boot I wouldn’t worry at all about. IMO you got off easy, my dealer drilled the rear plate on crooked which pissed me right off!
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Please let us know how it goes! I really hope it works! 🙂
I did my drivers side kick panel last night. I'd say it works for thee lightest of scuffs and shoe marks. It may hide very light scratches but they are still there.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Both of my Rs have scratches on the interior C Pillar trims

dcalero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 w/Tech Pack
Hi @dcalero ! Yeah it might be my own shoes or someone at the factory/dealer. Can’t tell for sure.
However, by trunk panel do you mean the same one I put a pic of at the start of the thread?
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did the part cost you?
Yes it's the first picture in your post. The rear trunk panel with the 4 knobs, 2 on each side. It cost me 125 bucks but I will says that the marks you have are basically nothing. The ones I had were practically like someone took a flat screw driver and just gauged the plastic. Here is the part number: FORD OEM 15-18 Mustang Interior-Rear-Rear Trim Panel FR3Z6345522AB. I got it on eBay, good luck.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
That’s terrible.
Sounds like more than just a foot hitting the panel. Bummer you may need to replace.
I think someone already recommended a good detail shop may help???
Yeah ☹ It is strange though - the ones on the door don’t seem like scratches - I can’t feel them with my finger and neither are they visible most of the time. Only when light hits them at a certain angle. However with something that light, they should come off or get hidden by any product.
Oh well - I’m going to try out the 303 product and then take everyone’s advice to just enjoy the car. It’s too good to be ruined by small things like this 🙂
Thank you so much for sharing your experience though - I really appreciate it 🙂

Sponsored

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
It’s a 2020, it’s the only year they did lime :like:

It’s a manual with Magneride and Recaro’s, our euro spec cars are a mixture of PP1 and premium :like: but they miss out on the Torsen and 3.73 gear :frown:

WD :like:
Wow that seems like a brilliant combo, especially with the magneride and the stick!
Unfortunately I haven’t seen a lime ‘stang yet. It does look beautiful in photographs though!

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
OP I wouldn’t stress too much on those marks, I also have OCD when it comes to my car, but the marks on the door you will get the more you drive the car. The stuff inside the boot I wouldn’t worry at all about. IMO you got off easy, my dealer drilled the rear plate on crooked which pissed me right off!
Thank you, @xSouthSyde , makes sense. I intend to drive my car a lot and I’ll eventually end up scuffing it. Just wondering what the dealer did to it, or did it come this way from the factory.

But about your bumper - that sounds terrible! Why would they even need to drill for the rear plates? They have the mounting points molded into the rear bumper!
I really hope you got the dealer to fix it or replace the rear bumper.
You’d assume dealers would know what to do, considering they work on these cars regularly, or that they’d treat expensive cars seriously.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
I did my drivers side kick panel last night. I'd say it works for thee lightest of scuffs and shoe marks. It may hide very light scratches but they are still there.
Well, the scuffs on my drivers side door are really light so I’ll try it there.
the ones on the trunk are deeper though.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Both of my Rs have scratches on the interior C Pillar trims
@dom418 ouch 😣 I hate to hear that. The R is such a special car.
I checked my C pillar trims and they seem fine. I guess it’s all over the place with these cars.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Yes it's the first picture in your post. The rear trunk panel with the 4 knobs, 2 on each side. It cost me 125 bucks but I will says that the marks you have are basically nothing. The ones I had were practically like someone took a flat screw driver and just gauged the plastic. Here is the part number: FORD OEM 15-18 Mustang Interior-Rear-Rear Trim Panel FR3Z6345522AB. I got it on eBay, good luck.
Thank you so much @dcalero . I really appreciate the detail 🙂

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@PRTK350

Thank you :like:

I got the factory black roof too, I've done the badging and the mirror caps in black and I have OE black hood vents to go on when I get a nice day.

I think you really need to see grabber lime outside in natural light. It doesn't photo well (often looking washed out and a bit pastel).

My iPhone rarely captures it well, my bros Samsung does a little better.

The washed out pale look :

1608541439731.png

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
@PRTK350

Thank you :like:

I got the factory black roof too, I've done the badging and the mirror caps in black and I have OE black hood vents to go on when I get a nice day.

I think you really need to see grabber lime outside in natural light. It doesn't photo well (often looking washed out and a bit pastel).

My iPhone rarely captures it well, my bros Samsung does a little better.

The washed out pale look :

1608541439731.png

If that’s a washed out pale look - I REALLY need to see one in person because yours looks absolutely gorgeous!
The black touches on it are super tasteful too! Please upload a picture when you install the black hood vents. That, along with the black 5.0 badges, the black roof and the black PP wheels - you have something special!
I also love the clear taillights in the EU models 🙂 super clean and goes beautifully with the lime, IMO!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If that’s a washed out pale look - I REALLY need to see one in person because yours looks absolutely gorgeous!
The black touches on it are super tasteful too! Please upload a picture when you install the black hood vents. That, along with the black 5.0 badges, the black roof and the black PP wheels - you have something special!
I also love the clear taillights in the EU models 🙂 super clean and goes beautifully with the lime, IMO!
Thank you, I think they are all special (especially the Shelby's ! :wink:) - that seems to be the great thing about these cars is that everyone's 'special' is significantly different, you only have to look through some of the threads to see the variance in our opinions :like:

As we now seem to have wondered off topic a little, here's something I posted on the colour :

Sorting through some recent pictures and I thought these two were worth posting as an example of how much this colour can change and how (poorly) the iPhone deals with it.

Same side of the car, less than a minute between the photos :

IMG-2621.jpg

IMG-2624.jpg

The second photo is much more realistic and I think its the best my phone has ever captured the colour.

As per normal - no editing (other than cropping) is done to my photos :like:

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Thank you, I think they are all special (especially the Shelby's ! :wink:) - that seems to be the great thing about these cars is that everyone's 'special' is significantly different, you only have to look through some of the threads to see the variance in our opinions :like:

As we now seem to have wondered off topic a little, here's something I posted on the colour :

I completely agree with your views - and I’d go so far as to say that’s what makes all cars special! (ok maybe not a Prius), but you get my point, haha!

Its a shame that the Shelbys don’t sell in the UK, but hey - you guys are getting the Mach1 now!:clap: Richard Hammond recently drove one (albeit one with the steering wheel on the wrong side:wink:)

and as for your photos - wow the color profile looks totally different in both the pictures. The first photograph really doesnt do any justice to the paint.
The second one though 👌

And speaking about the second picture, I am going to hold my ground on the clear tail lights with the lime paint :wink:

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Thank you, @xSouthSyde , makes sense. I intend to drive my car a lot and I’ll eventually end up scuffing it. Just wondering what the dealer did to it, or did it come this way from the factory.

But about your bumper - that sounds terrible! Why would they even need to drill for the rear plates? They have the mounting points molded into the rear bumper!
I really hope you got the dealer to fix it or replace the rear bumper.
You’d assume dealers would know what to do, considering they work on these cars regularly, or that they’d treat expensive cars seriously.
I’m in Australia so the dealers drill 99% of the cars front and back , it’s just the way here. In saying that, after this experience, if I bought another new car I would tell the dealer that I would drill the plates myself and leave the yard with temporary double sided tape or something. I have ordered a number plate bracket which I can use to level out the rear plate so that will settle my OCD.
As for your scuff marks on the driver side door, I’m super OCD like yourself and I manage to create scuff marks similar to the ones you showed. Currently I’m using the 303 product that somebody else recommended to you and although they do not remove the marks totally, they cover them up to at least 80% and although I’m super careful with my vehicle , the same marks pop up now and then as you get in and out of the vehicle. You will get used to it my friend.
Sponsored