Interior plastic scratches on new car ☹️

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350
My guess on the rear trunk scuffs.....the big package with the front splitter and floor mats and such that is on a big piece of cardboard wrapped in plastic comes in the trunk.....so in transit or the dealer pulling that out of the car scuffed it.......

Hey everyone!

I put this post in the S550 general forums too, but also wanted you guys’ thoughts on it!

So - I recently bought a GT350 and noticed there were some scratches on the plastic trim inside the trunk (pics below). There are a couple in the interior door panel too. As usual, my OCD is making me go crazy over this. :(

Has anyone seen scratches like these on new cars coming from Ford? Maybe because the cars ship with the front splitter in the trunk?

Also - is there any way of getting rid of these scratches? Any input will be really, really appreciated.

E4E0F4B2-7750-41C5-924B-F33E61C8A48E.jpeg
Sponsored

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Yep. The same thing happened in the trunk of our Escape. The dealer told us "it's soft plastic. You could put a cardboard box in there and it would scratch."

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Yes it is soft plastic and scratches easily. But I don't care if I buy a new vehicle and it has scratches anywhere on the plastic they're gonna replace that part. It's another thing if I do it but unacceptable if done by someone else when bought new.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
My interior scratch, passenger side. I have chosen just to DWI. Have had enough with the mechanics at the dealer .....

EF0E3729-E892-436B-A0BF-43603FF4DC29.jpeg

Sponsored

Silverstone03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Would you mind sharing where to got this carbon fiber material? Did you do this yourself? Thanks

You may call me lazy but.... My solution for the door scuffs (and my feet) It's a knock off carbon fiber look but it's super thin and easily removable. See before and after...

Before L.jpg

After L.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You may call me lazy but.... My solution for the door scuffs (and my feet) It's a knock off carbon fiber look but it's super thin and easily removable. See before and after...

Before L.jpg

After L.jpg
I'm not sure that's lazy I'd say smart, good idea.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are your friend. I've used them with success on minor scuffs.

Take care though, as they are finely abrasive on more fragile surfaces....

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I have had success using shoe polish, even just the polishing brush using the residue from previous buffing of shoes works.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110