Sponsored

Interior odor

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
My son had left some chocolate milk on floor of back seat and car sat for a few days and it swole up and busted. How do get the sour milk odor out? I put baking soda on it and left it for three days and odor is still there.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP
OP

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed the cabin filter and also put a odor charcoal bag on the floorboard. But it only removed odor temporarily.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Steam clean ? like rug doctor, some have a hand held type attachment.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
You need to get interior professionally detailed...probably twice.

Sponsored

OP
OP

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just used some Oxiclean carpet Cleaner. If that doesn’t work I will try the suggested products.

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
I had spilled milk in the trunk of my old car and it reeked. Febreze worked pretty well

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
You need to get interior professionally detailed...probably twice.
Unfortunately this is true. A pro detailer will steam the area, use an interior cleaner, then let the car sit with an ozone machine for several hours. There are tutorials online of how to make a DIY ozone machine, but beware ozone (O3) is a toxic compound and can be deadly in large quantities. If you go down that road yourself, let the car completely air out for several hours before getting in. Removing the substance causing the scent is half the battle. The other half is killing the bacteria it leaves behind.

Free33d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The main source of the odor is the left over milk. The better you remove the milk more the smell will go away. You wanna start by shampooing the spot really well. As other people mentioned earlier you a steam cleaner would help immensely but not necessary. You can also leave the car parked in the sun with the windows closed with baking soda inside.

I bought my 2015 CO GT last year and I noticed a smell when i test drove it. The smell got worse a month after buying it. I started poking around the cabin and found a half eaten wheel of baybel under neath the passenger seat. This was a CPO car which was kept in the dealer's show room so it had a lot of people go in and out of it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If the container busted open, not only did the milk seep into the carpet, it seeps down into and through the padding under the carpet. Depending on how much milk, most likely there’s milk sitting in the floor pan.

The only way to fix that is to not only deep clean the surface of the carpet but pull it up and back to clean any residual that made it to through to the padding and floor pan...

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
use an ozone generator for 2 minutes with the a/c on....fully desinfected and odor free!
Sponsored