Interesting Item

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This could be completely wrong, but it's interesting to consider that Ford loses money on it's EVs.

1678996408156.png
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
This could be completely wrong, but it's interesting to consider that Ford loses money on it's EVs.

1678996408156.png
The amount of investment they all were almost "forced" to be made was astronomical. EV demand is still not there, and it it won't be until costs come down more by at least 8-12%. It's going to be another 15-25 years before you see even 20% of the vehicles on the road being EV.... If that. Unless we start putting up nuclear plants all across the country, to keep electricity efficiency way up, and the cost way down.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
just like dodge, ford will eventually see the light that EV isn't the way and that all it is is just some political BS agenda. The amount of things harming the planet from EV's (from charging, to lithium mining, to battery disposal etc) does not justify this EV BS being forced down everyone's throats. the technology isn't there. hydrogen looks more interesting, but this battery tech is just garbage. they will see the light soon enough when their profit margins start dropping like crazy. It's crazy how many used lightning's and Focus Mach E's i'm seeing for sale around here in NJ....people just aren't keeping them.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's really interesting all the different attacks that the huge corporations are launching against the little company Tesla. The good old boys REALLY don't want any new players.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
just like dodge, ford will eventually see the light that EV isn't the way and that all it is is just some political BS agenda. The amount of things harming the planet from EV's (from charging, to lithium mining, to battery disposal etc) does not justify this EV BS being forced down everyone's throats. the technology isn't there. hydrogen looks more interesting, but this battery tech is just garbage. they will see the light soon enough when their profit margins start dropping like crazy. It's crazy how many used lightning's and Focus Mach E's i'm seeing for sale around here in NJ....people just aren't keeping them.
The purpose isn't to improve the environment. EVs are meant to put us in our places. We aren't supposed to have nice houses and freedom. We are supposed to live in small boxes and use mass transportation. I can't think of any other reason to force people into a technology that doesn't function well and that poor people can't use.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
It's really interesting all the different attacks that the huge corporations are launching against the little company Tesla. The good old boys REALLY don't want any new players.
I'd be interested to see what attacks? lower profit margins? thats the general profit margins for the big manufacturers. they don't make money on each one, they make money by selling 100k of them

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd be interested to see what attacks? lower profit margins? thats the general profit margins for the big manufacturers. they don't make money on each one, they make money by selling 100k of them
Yes. By saying that Tesla makes a lot on each car, they are saying Tesla is overpriced obviously. Which would tend to irritate people and make them less likely to buy one.

Every few days I see a different article attacking Tesla. Yesterday it was an article saying the new VW EV was good and Tesla is bad in some way. I didn't read it other than the title of the article and to note that the purpose of the article was to put Tesla down and raise VW up.

Yes I do agree that if a manufacturer sells 100k products they will make more money than if they sell one. They do make money on each car, but to be multi billion dollar companies they have to sell lots of cars.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yes. By saying that Tesla makes a lot on each car, they are saying Tesla is overpriced obviously. Which would tend to irritate people and make them less likely to buy one.

Every few days I see a different article attacking Tesla. Yesterday it was an article saying the new VW EV was good and Tesla is bad in some way. I didn't read it other than the title of the article and to note that the purpose of the article was to put Tesla down and raise VW up.

Yes I do agree that if a manufacturer sells 100k products they will make more money than if they sell one. They do make money on each car, but to be multi billion dollar companies they have to sell lots of cars.
Thank God America loves to overspend on an automobile, or Tesla wouldn’t even be in the automotive business.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought Tesla was losing money on every vehicle sold?.. maybe they were and aren't anymore, I don't know.. that's what I remember hearing in the past.. couldn't even tell you when I heard that.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I thought Tesla was losing money on every vehicle sold?.. maybe they were and aren't anymore, I don't know.. that's what I remember hearing in the past.. couldn't even tell you when I heard that.
Every new company loses money when they start. Tesla did and now they don’t.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

1678996408156.png
So what? Implementing new technology is never profitable at the start. The profit Ford makes on every F series truck more than makes up for any loses on the EV side.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
So what? Implementing new technology is never profitable at the start. The profit Ford makes on every F series truck more than makes up for any loses on the EV side.
i was about to say, then maybe if they never started with this utter EV bullshit, they'd obv have higher profit margins and then cars like the new S650 wouldn't start over $40k now......but then i remembered corps are all greedy and they'd still charge the same and just make higher profits lol

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Every new company loses money when they start. Tesla did and now they don’t.
Even companies that have been around for many years, if their QC goes to crap they will lose money.
Sponsored