Interesting discovery

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I've been playing around with the steering settings and drive modes and came to an interesting discovery a few weeks ago. Had a few minutes to post and needed a distraction, so figured I'd post.

The Steering effort in Sport+ and Track are very different, even though the steering setting defaults to 'Sport' in those modes.

When in Track, the steering is WAY to heavy, and Sport + is perfect. Problem is when I want to be obnoxious, I put it in track (which is frequently). I normally toggle the steering to normal or comfort when driving around in track mode. It's also fun to get a bot more wheel spin ;-) I realy don't like the Sport+ gauge layout, and prefer the Flat Tach across the top. I have "MY Mode" programmed with Drag Dash, Quiet Exhaust, and Comfort Steering.

I spent about an hour playing around making sure it was not my imagination. I guess there is a level of fine tuning within each steering seting based on the drive mode.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
So can you have track mode plus comfort steering for quick response when it snaps out?
Yes, you can toggle the exhaust and steering manually regardless of what drive mode you are in.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wonder if this applies to a regular GT? I have literally never driven in anything but normal mode (in my defense car has under 400 miles on it).

Graemecdn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2018 Lexus RC 350
Let me see if I have interpreted what you’ve said correctly. When driving around in track mode you like the feeling of sport + steering but prefer the screen display of normal or comfort. Is this correct?

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Let me see if I have interpreted what you’ve said correctly. When driving around in track mode you like the feeling of sport + steering but prefer the screen display of normal or comfort. Is this correct?
Kinda..............

- The 'sport' steering in Track mode is much heavier than Sport + but I like the steering feel of 'sport' steering in Sport +
- My guess is that the steering effort in Track is intentionally heavier 'sport' setting than Sport+ or putting the steering in 'sport' mode.
- I don't like the dash layout of Sport+ and never use it, prefer Normal or Track/Drag.
- My 'around town' 'polite' daily driving mode is Track Dash, Quiet Exhaust, and Comfort Steering.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Graemecdn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2018 Lexus RC 350
Got it.
Thank you for the information on the use of the different configurations.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Why not just get your settings the way you like them and then save them in "MyMode"? Steering, dash layout, colors, suspension (for the Magneride peeps). exhaust can all be saved in MyMode.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I've been playing around with the steering settings and drive modes and came to an interesting discovery a few weeks ago. Had a few minutes to post and needed a distraction, so figured I'd post.

When in Track, the steering is WAY to heavy, and Sport + is perfect. Problem is when I want to be obnoxious, I put it in track (which is frequently). I normally toggle the steering to normal or comfort when driving around in track mode. It's also fun to get a bot more wheel spin ;-) I realy don't like the Sport+ gauge layout, and prefer the Flat Tach across the top. I have "MY Mode" programmed with Drag Dash, Quiet Exhaust, and Comfort Steering.
Why not just get your settings the way you like them and then save them in "MyMode"? Steering, dash layout, colors, suspension (for the Magneride peeps). exhaust can all be saved in MyMode.
Looks like that's what he did.

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I think you miss my point. That's exactly what I did.

What I was pointing out was the steering is in sport mode in both track and Sport Plus but when in track mode the steering is heavier than it is in Sport Plus. So while there are three steering modes it seemed that the drive modes have different levels of stiffness within the three steering modes.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I just realized something... You can change your steering mode mode while in track mode??? My '19 won't let me do that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I just realized something... You can change your steering mode mode while in track mode??? My '19 won't let me do that.
Yes, I can change the steering and exhaust mode in any of the driving modes. If the system allowed that kind of adjustment to the suspension, I would have gotten the Magneride, but it is tied solely to the drive modes. I like that you can adjust the exhaust and steering modes across all the drive modes. It resets on re-start. I have the 'my mode' programmed with Track Dash (and throttle response) Normal Steering and quiet exhaust. My wife calls it BMW mode because it reminds her of my M3. I actually like the quiet mode, has a subdued but pleasant exhaust note, and allows you to hear the intake and mechanical noises of the engine. My wife (and neighbors) hate the loud exhaust.

Full disclosure, I havent tried to change the steering or exhaust in the rain/snow mode....... Who needs that? LOL. Though I must admit that when I let my wife drive the Bullitt, I put it in rain/snow mode.... shhhhhh........ If she finds out it will ruin my day :sunglasses:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Yes, I can change the steering and exhaust mode in any of the driving modes.

Though I must admit that when I let my wife drive the Bullitt, I put it in rain/snow mode.... shhhhhh........ If she finds out it will ruin my day :sunglasses:
That's hilarious.

So does anyone know, is it a '19 vs '20 situation or is mine broke? lol

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
That's hilarious.

So does anyone know, is it a '19 vs '20 situation or is mine broke? lol
I've no idea, but I know the steering mode changes in all modes. Is it only track that locks you out?

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
In my ‘20 Bullitt, you cannot change steering mode in either track or sport+. I think thats true for any model with magneride.

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
In my ‘20 Bullitt, you cannot change steering mode in either track or sport+. I think thats true for any model with magneride.
That may be the difference I don't have magneride.
Sponsored