dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Hi All -

I noticed today that my driver side intelligent access does not work. I never tried it before (purchased it a couple weeks ago). Passenger side works fine. I tried a different fob, as well as disconnecting my negative battery terminal for an hour and replugging it in for a "reset" of sorts. Neither of these attempts fixed it. To be clear, the remote works, passenger side works, push button start works. It's only the driver side (both lock and unlock). What else can I try? I am out of warranty so can't just try to have the dealer fix.

ON EDIT: Also just tried reprogramming the keys. Still only the passenger side works. Is there a fuse?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsored

Last edited:

jxavierd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Had a similar issue but with my passenger side. Replaced the fob battery and that seemed to fix it.

OP
OP

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Had a similar issue but with my passenger side. Replaced the fob battery and that seemed to fix it.
New battery is in the fob. Granted it's an Amazon generic but happening with all three keys.

OP
OP

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any other ideas??

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
ive been dealing with this for awhile, granted I haven't put much effort into it either. I did all the same stuff and only thing I can come up with is the sensors in the handle are messed up, if i put my key right next to the handle and hit my lock it will work, move it a few inches away and nothing. Not sure if this helps but my next step is replacing the handle most likely.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
ive been dealing with this for awhile, granted I haven't put much effort into it either. I did all the same stuff and only thing I can come up with is the sensors in the handle are messed up, if i put my key right next to the handle and hit my lock it will work, move it a few inches away and nothing. Not sure if this helps but my next step is replacing the handle most likely.
Thank you for the response. I'm going to try putting the key close and see if that does anything. Can we buy a new handle but replace the innards so we don't have to repaint as well? Are there fuses to check? I'm pretty much out of ideas otherwise, unless it is something stupid like the connector came loose or something.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
New battery is in the fob. Granted it's an Amazon generic but happening with all three keys.
I would try a better battery.

OP
OP

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I would try a better battery.
It's not the battery. I have three fobs and none work. Also tried all of them right next to the door, didn't work. Next is to confirm the connector is even attached. If it is, then only thing I can think of is a fuse (if it has its own, but don't see that it's the case) or replacement. Please let me know if there's anything else to try.

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It's not the battery. I have three fobs and none work. Also tried all of them right next to the door, didn't work. Next is to confirm the connector is even attached. If it is, then only thing I can think of is a fuse (if it has its own, but don't see that it's the case) or replacement. Please let me know if there's anything else to try.
You have nothing to lose by trying a better battery. All three might have shit/dead batteries.

Occam's Razor.

OP
OP

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You have nothing to lose by trying a better battery. All three might have shit/dead batteries.

Occam's Razor.
I hear ya, but there's three different batteries in three different fobs.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If the batteries test with full voltage move on. I recall a thread with this issue but need to find it.
I saw those posts, and they were related to the passenger side not working. Seems like that was battery related.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I saw those posts, and they were related to the passenger side not working. Seems like that was battery related.
You're right it was passenger side. Question. Does the touch feature work on the drivers door? If it does then the issue is between the transmitter and the receiver. If it doesn't then is may be the sensor.

OP
OP

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You're right it was passenger side. Question. Does the touch feature work on the drivers door? If it does then the issue is between the transmitter and the receiver. If it doesn't then is may be the sensor.
Touch feature only works on the passenger door. It does not work on the driver door (both lock and unlock).

Everything works fine with the fob. So now that I think about that, the handle must be plugged in, otherwise it wouldn't unlock and lock with the fob, correct?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Touch feature only works on the passenger door. It does not work on the driver door (both lock and unlock).

Everything works fine with the fob. So now that I think about that, the handle must be plugged in, otherwise it wouldn't unlock and lock with the fob, correct?
OK so makes things clearer and takes fob out of play, right. So the only issue is the touch pad on the door. So that's where the issue is. I found this on YouTube. It's not a S550 Mustang but it might give you some direction.

Sponsored