OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
They are OK if you are city riding only, most are topped out at freeway speeds.

The real problem is they weigh nothing and a slight breeze can push you into the other lane when at speed.

Buy a 250 CC YZ type off road bike and ride the trails. When you can toss it around like a base ball, then get a street bike.
that is a really great idea, the only downside is that I live in a major urban center with no real bike trails.

Maybe i’ll shop a little larger, a 600-700cc supermoto/naked would be awesome as well. We’ll see when the time comes. I haven’t even gotten my M1 endorsement yet.

It’s nothing but congested street riding or our paved backroads around here.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It’s nothing but congested street riding or our paved backroads around here.
In that case you might be OK with a 450, but you will out grow it very fast. The 250 dirt bike will be fun into your 70's. Most of these can be street registered.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If you go to any biker gatherings you will see many riding 1200 pound Hogs like drift cars. You will need this type of control to safely ride.

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
If you go to any biker gatherings you will see many riding 1200 pound Hogs like drift cars. You will need this type of control to safely ride.
I definitely aspire to develop that level of skill.

My journey all begins with the safety course and buying a helmet first!

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Installs in progress…..

Cutting the wire harness is pretty puckering but it’s coming together.

I’ve been very careful to ID all the hardware included and it seems that Ford has provided an extra intake mani port gasket and a PCV “port” bolt.

Manifold and intake assembly will probably get on this evening after I comb over everything once more.

Whether I load the tune and test drive today will be dependent on my motivation. It’ll likely happen tomorrow.

Sponsored

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Installs in progress…..

Cutting the wire harness is pretty puckering but it’s coming together.

I’ve been very careful to ID all the hardware included and it seems that Ford has provided an extra intake mani port gasket and a PCV “port” bolt.

Manifold and intake assembly will probably get on this evening after I comb over everything once more.

Whether I load the tune and test drive today will be dependent on my motivation. It’ll likely happen tomorrow.
i broke the pin lock on the factory EVAP plug. Thankfully it’s not reused.

Ford’s idea of having people pry on factory wiring bits is absolutely bonkers. The plug and play solution posted previously is an obvious winner.

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Click, Click, Done
whether it’s worth the $30 is up to everyone else to decide.

If it was available at my local parts store I would’ve done it.

i fidgeted with the connector for an hour start to finish to make it work/dress it all up with wire covering/e tape.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
whether it’s worth the $30 is up to everyone else to decide.

If it was available at my local parts store I would’ve done it.

i fidgeted with the connector for an hour start to finish to make it work/dress it all up with wire covering/e tape.
Let us know how you find the PP3. I love it minus the high IAT's in traffic I guess because of stupid open airbox. Will work with a friend of mine to develop a carbon closed Airbox for the kit.

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Let us know how you find the PP3. I love it minus the high IAT's in traffic I guess because of stupid open airbox. Will work with a friend of mine to develop a carbon closed Airbox for the kit.
Will do.

Have you experienced and of the pinging/detonation as described previously? Have you dabbled in cooler plugs/higher octanes?

I’m also unsure if I should bump up in oil viscocity. I can’t find any guidance on it anywhere.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Will do.

Have you experienced and of the pinging/detonation as described previously? Have you dabbled in cooler plugs/higher octanes?

I’m also unsure if I should bump up in oil viscocity. I can’t find any guidance on it anywhere.
I'm in Europe so the V-Power 100 Octane that I run is like 93RON. So no pinging/detonation. I run OEM plugs and the only concern I have is high IAT's in traffic the highest I have seen is 62C (143F) this is I guess because airbox is not sealing against the hood. Will be having a carbon closed airbox made because of it.

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Europe so the V-Power 100 Octane that I run is like 93RON. So no pinging/detonation. I run OEM plugs and the only concern I have is high IAT's in traffic the highest I have seen is 62C (143F) this is I guess because airbox is not sealing against the hood. Will be having a carbon closed airbox made because of it.
That is a warm IAT!

glad to hear detonation isn’t an issue. I’ll definitely explore intake improvements if it gets soaked that bad.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Say what ?
Man you should hit up the M6G and BITOG search feature. This forum has been active for 9 years. Lots of stuff to search.
This isn’t an oil thread but here it goes.
0W-40/5W-40 run with it.

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Say what ?
Man you should hit up the N6G search feature. This forum has been active for 9 years. Lots of stuff to search.
This isn’t an oil thread but here it goes.
0W-40/5W-40 run with it.
Atleast in regards to the PP3 specifically, I haven’t found anything “official” from Ford performance or maybe I’ve missed it all completely.

I’m going to be bumping to 5w-30 to match the gen 3 coyote’s recommendations whenever my stash of 5w-20 runs empty. I do realize 5w-40 seems to be the preferred track day stuff though.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Atleast in regards to the PP3 specifically, I haven’t found anything “official” from Ford performance or maybe I’ve missed it all completely.

I’m going to be bumping to 5w-30 to match the gen 3 coyote’s recommendations whenever my stash of 5w-20 runs empty. I do realize 5w-40 seems to be the preferred track day stuff though.
You’re leaning to much on Ford Perf. for answers they’re really not interesting in answering.
5W-40 is far from track day oil.
M6G search feature is your best friend on this forum board.
Sponsored