Sponsored

Installed - Steeda No-Tune Intake

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Posting this for anyone considering an aftermarket air intake.

I wanted to purchase an intake during the BF/CM discount craze. I did a LOT of looking and research as to the “best” kits. I ultimately decided to go with @Steeda no-tune kit for a few reasons.

1: They have been around for years doing their own R&D to put out the high quality products for enthusiasts
2: I’ll have the ability to remove the insert down the road should I tune my GT... just not ready to do so yet.
3: I’ve been to their Pompano Beach shop just to browse and for a shop/dyno day event. Super freindly staff and the first time I went, I was shown around the warehouse, given the scoop on the project cars, etc. Great experience.

The kit itself is 100% complete. Everything needed was in the box, including instructions.

Install was straight forward. My ONLY real suggestion is Steeda could put a very small pack of lubricant in the kit for those running the insert. Trust me, you DO NOT want to install that thing dry (had fun with that - read the instructions folks).

You have to neuter the resonator on the stock intake inlet, which is not a big deal as long as you have a sawzall, hand saw, or are adventurous with a big knife or blade.

Fit is good, but it seems like the air damn puts some pressure on the sound tube. Not an issue, especially if you remove it. May be something that can be tweaked. Hood closes fine and it appears the weather stripping is sealing against the hood liner.

First startup - I let it idle for about 30 seconds without touching the gas. Everything was smooth.

Driving - no additional intake noise inside with the windows up. Windows down, you get some nice intake sounds depending on throttle input. Under heavy throttle with the windows up you’ll hear more engine noises.

As far as the whole power increase - I think it’s well known a CAI isn’t a big power adder, but a good compliment to a tune. I do feel there is better throttle response and the engine feels smoother under normal acceleration.

At WOT - there seems to be some improvement on the top end. Not major, just feels less restricted than with the stock intake.

IAT’s: Pretty sure this is well known with any non-boxed intake, they get up there. Sitting at a light you can watch the temps rise. They drop when you start moving. After stopping and going, my temps were 8-10* over ambient between 45-50mph. I suspect this will drop at higher speeds.

It looks sweet under the hood. Hopefully it will continue to benefit if/when I tune the car.
8276C71E-8E8B-4771-97D1-0256E3D6FFD2.jpeg
0660AD47-0B2D-4C45-97C4-9EF38DA19ADA.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It looks beefy, how much was the discount on bf may I ask? I guess I missed out. Wouldn't of minded having a blue cone under my car.

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It looks beefy, how much was the discount on bf may I ask? I guess I missed out. Wouldn't of minded having a blue cone under my car.
I paid $336 since I’m a Florida resident and had to pay tax. Otherwise it would’ve been $315 out of state.

It’s beefy. The MAF housing is a nice chunk of aluminum, especially with the insert.
Sponsored