Steeda CAI installed. Bama tune update?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
My Steeda CAI was delivered yesterday and I installed it yesterday evening. I'm really impressed with the engineering and build quality.

Unfortunately, I'm having to run it with the air flow restrictor installed until Bama gets their tune updated to be compatible with the restrictor-less Steeda CAI.

Even with the restrictor, the induction response seems to be better, as well as a better induction sound.

Anybody heard when we might expect Bama to have their tune updated? Can't wait to get it so I can remove the restrictor and update my current Bama tune.
Sponsored

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
My Steeda CAI was delivered yesterday and I installed it yesterday evening. I'm really impressed with the engineering and build quality.

Unfortunately, I'm having to run it with the air flow restrictor installed until Bama gets their tune updated to be compatible with the restrictor-less Steeda CAI.

Even with the restrictor, the induction response seems to be better, as well as a better induction sound.

Anybody heard when we might expect Bama to have their tune updated? Can't wait to get it so I can remove the restrictor and update my current Bama tune.
Running Lund tune without the restrictor. was the first one to ask and Jon jumped on it right away and got me started. Same thing as you i ran the restrictor for a few days a noted a snappier throttle response. took the restrictor out and revised tune and man even bigger difference!

can't wait to see what bam a does for you

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Running Lund tune without the restrictor. was the first one to ask and Jon jumped on it right away and got me started. Same thing as you i ran the restrictor for a few days a noted a snappier throttle response. took the restrictor out and revised tune and man even bigger difference!

can't wait to see what bam a does for you
Thanks, Blitz. I'm hoping for good things too from Bama. I've been very pleased with their tune so far and can't wait to get it updated to the Steeda CAI.

I'm then going to record and send Bama some data log info from the car so their calibrators can fine tune the tune.

She'll be even more of a beast when all of this is done.

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
Thanks, Blitz. I'm hoping for good things too from Bama. I've been very pleased with their tune so far and can't wait to get it updated to the Steeda CAI.

I'm then going to record and send Bama some data log info from the car so their calibrators can fine tune the tune.

I think we're gonna get a notable gain over all those who have JLT or air raid. I think the velocity stack implemented in the design is important. And a somewhat sealed box as opposed to jlts design is far superior :)

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt

Hey BeauxXL1200 - Sorry about the delay on their end but they're working through the calibration and it should be made available shortly! Please keep me in the loop if you're to need absolutely anything else and I'm here to help!

Alex

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Hey BeauxXL1200 - Sorry about the delay on their end but they're working through the calibration and it should be made available shortly! Please keep me in the loop if you're to need absolutely anything else and I'm here to help!

Alex
Thanks, Alex. I'm sitting tight right now. I know Bama is making sure they get it right before releasing it.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
I think we're gonna get a notable gain over all those who have JLT or air raid. I think the velocity stack implemented in the design is important. And a somewhat sealed box as opposed to jlts design is far superior :)
Blitz -

The design and build of the aluminum velocity stack is what's impressed me the most about the Steeda CAI. Even the aluminum restrictor is first rate.

I didn't realize how big the restrictor would be and how much it apparently cuts down the incoming volume of air. Just looking at it, I would guess it reduces the volume by 20 to 25% or so.

Sounds like you got noticeable gains once your Lund tune was updated and you were able to remove it from your CAI. Hoping for the same. :cheers:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Thanks, Alex. I'm sitting tight right now. I know Bama is making sure they get it right before releasing it.

Sir - Thanks so much for your patience - They're not one to have something rushed in any way shape or form and while they're a little behind given the warm weather this is priority one right now!

Alex
Sponsored