Installed headers lost active exhaust function

dejuan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dejuan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
So I installed stainless works headers on my 2019 Mustang yesterday, turned it on and my factory active exhaust said it lost its function. Does anybody know why this is? Is this normal? I searched the forum and did not find an answer.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Sounds like a wiring harness got unplugged/cut, I'd trace that wiring from the back to the front.

Also, did you do a tune? I had a couple of initial tunes that disabled my AE (it was quickly and easily fixed).

OP
OP
dejuan

dejuan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dejuan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Thanks guys. I about to do a wire trace I'm thinking that might be the problem. I'll post what I find

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Most likely broken or burnt through wire harness at the rear near mufflers. Very common issue and there’s quite a few threads in the 5.0 and Shelby section about it.

You’ll have to remove the black conduit from the harness to see the damages in most cases if it’s not visible at the connectors to the AE valves.

Sponsored

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely broken or burnt through wire harness at the rear near mufflers. Very common issue and there’s quite a few threads in the 5.0 and Shelby section about it.

You’ll have to remove the black conduit from the harness to see the damages in most cases if it’s not visible at the connectors to the AE valves.
Two things to check, there is a metal Crimp right near the wiring / plug for the active exhaust if you didn't get the exhaust position far enough forward (pushed in to the front of the car) those wire will get crimped, cut , damaged... Second, as i did this when i put in the H pipe, if you just let the mufflers hang vs unplugging the AF values you can actually stretch the wires / connection so they are no longer getting a good connection. I was lucky and just needed to unplug and re plug in but others maybe not so lucky....

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Passenger side wires off the valve is worn through. Have to fix, replace fuse and re position mufflers farther forward.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Both or just one side, I would look at the pass side plug. That one has the least clearance, moving the exhaust system, gets bumped, unplug >

OP
OP
dejuan

dejuan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dejuan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
I found the issue. It was a cut wire on the passenger side plug at the valve. But now I can't get it off the dam plug! I'm gonna have to jack the car up and operate on it.

After looking at the connectors you instantly can tell that the wires are short and I'm probably going to have to replace them in the future. I'm just going to order them now. I'll splice and reapply them for now tho.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I found the issue. It was a cut wire on the passenger side plug at the valve. But now I can't get it off the dam plug! I'm gonna have to jack the car up and operate on it.

After looking at the connectors you instantly can tell that the wires are short and I'm probably going to have to replace them in the future. I'm just going to order them now. I'll splice and reapply them for now tho.

Thanks everyone for your help!

BINGO ...................

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The headers are obviously longer than they should, and pushed the mufflers back. As mentioned, there's very little clearance on the right muffler, and a little more on the left one.
Sponsored