Installed a Tremec Magnum XL in my S550

supertorque

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I can't thank you guys enough. I had to buy the gear change shaft and the sensor was included. Hopefully this week sometime I can finally put her back the way she was along with the Blowfish Shifter support and then change the tune so the RPM's don't hold so long between shifts and maybe it will be a lot better and I'll have all my functions back. Here is a picture of the old and new sensors just for reference.
MustangGearSensor.jpg
Sponsored

supertorque

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Just for future reference in case anyone needs this information, attached is a picture of what all six pins are for on the sensor.
connectorpinout.jpg

supertorque

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Finally, here is a pic. of my beauty. And I know I'm gonna catch some hell for the wheels but don't worry, I still have the originals in my garage and no they are not for sale. It was great chatting with you guys. I'll be back soon.
NatesBullitt.jpg

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Finally, here is a pic. of my beauty. And I know I'm gonna catch some hell for the wheels but don't worry, I still have the originals in my garage and no they are not for sale. It was great chatting with you guys. I'll be back soon.
NatesBullitt.jpg
Good lookin ride!

Sponsored

supertorque

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks for the compliment ponie1992. Where did you find that wiring diagram? This entire time I was calling it the ECM not the PCM. I stand corrected. Now that I have the sensor I need I am just going to put it back the way it was. It is a shame though because it shifts so much better and just knowing that you can't really "break" the Tremec gives me the confidence to drive it hard without worrying about breaking the shift forks or watching someone gain 2 or 3 car lengths ahead while I'm waiting to be able to put it in 2nd gear. I hated it when that happens. I just put some heavy duty engine mounts on her last night and when I put the old MT82 back in I'm going to make sure that the Blowfish racing shifter bracket on as snug and straight as I can during the reinstall. Does anyone know of anything else or maybe something better that would prevent the gear lock out problems?

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Thanks for the compliment ponie1992. Where did you find that wiring diagram? This entire time I was calling it the ECM not the PCM. I stand corrected. Now that I have the sensor I need I am just going to put it back the way it was. It is a shame though because it shifts so much better and just knowing that you can't really "break" the Tremec gives me the confidence to drive it hard without worrying about breaking the shift forks or watching someone gain 2 or 3 car lengths ahead while I'm waiting to be able to put it in 2nd gear. I hated it when that happens. I just put some heavy duty engine mounts on her last night and when I put the old MT82 back in I'm going to make sure that the Blowfish racing shifter bracket on as snug and straight as I can during the reinstall. Does anyone know of anything else or maybe something better that would prevent the gear lock out problems?
I have a buddy that's a Ford master tech. He can look up pretty much anything. A lot of guys say they get rid of the lock out with a better clutch. I love my T56 and won't ever go back to the MT82.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Anyone know the thread size of the shift handle provided with the Tremec Magnum XL? I need an adapter for my Raceseng knob

supertorque

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I love my T56 also and wish I didn't have to go back to the MT82, But after paying as much as I did for the car and then losing all the functions that I did it kinda makes sense to put it back in. I'll just set it to the side and walk around it in my garage until I get a project car one day. I have a new X-Clutch twin disc. clutch kit with flywheel that is waiting to be installed when I go back to the MT82. I hope that and the heavy duty engine mounts will eliminate any gear lock out. I should be an expert on this subject by the time it's over. It sure feels like I have paid for a degree and spent enough time researching and testing a lot of theories. I also installed a Blowfish racing shifter mount before I changed transmissions and it didn't seem to solve the problem. It may have helped a little but not a lot besides bringing the real reason for the lock out into focus for me. I'm the kind of person that needs to actually see exactly what the issue is before i fully understand it. I can't just read about it or listen to someone explain it. But once I see whats going on I am all over it and can fix it or rig it to work. Except when it comes to electricity. If I can't see it then I can't fully understand it and therefore I don't trust myself working on it especially on a car that I paid over sticker for.

Sponsored
OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
That is a heartbreaking situation on the Tremec. Maybe at some point someone develops a functioning device to bring it all together.
Any trans mounted shifter (MGW) will completely help with gear lockout as everything moves in unison. Stay away from anything body mounted such as stock and other alternatives.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My 2012 gt had a tremec 2:97 1st gear with 4:10’s it was the perfect combination..

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Okay so here's a new one. I've set up my flywheel about 4 times now and no matter what I do I'm getting about 0.004" TIR - max is 0.002" TIR for high RPM applications, so I'm out of spec.

Checked the flywheel just inside the ring gear (0.004" TIR), near the outer edge of the friction face (0.0035" TIR), near the inner edge of the friction face (0.003" TIR), and then down in the hub just outboard of the bolt heads (0.0015" TIR). Results are consistent and it's obvious it's just high on one side.

I checked the crank it's it's running dead-nuts. I had already stoned and cleaned all the mating surfaces and there are no hot spots or anything, so the only thing left is the stupid stamped steel trigger wheel that gets sandwiched between the crank flange and the flywheel.

cD2FvDhm.jpg

THIS MOTHERFUCKER

SO, I start taking measurements and wouldn't you know, the sheet steel this piece of shit is stamped from is 0.0015" thicker on the "high" side than anywhere else. SONOFABITCH. So while this particular piece of sheet steel that was loaded into the punch press was probably within whatever bullshit tolerance there is for, that thou and a half at the crank is causing my 4 thou runout at the edge of the flywheel. The OE clutch did show some hotspots on the flywheel, I can't help but wonder if that factored into it.

I hit up MMR to see if I can get one of their billet crank trigger wheels separately from their whole rear cover assembly.