Installed a Tremec Magnum XL in my S550

supertorque

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hey gang, my name is Nate and I am a new member looking for some answers. I have a 2019 Bullitt and hate the stock MT82 trans. So I bought the 2018-2019 Tremec complete conversion kit for it from JPC racing and had it installed. My problem is that it works mechanically but the wiring is a totally different story. My Bullitt is needing a digital signal while the Tremec is sending an analog signal. So it WILL NOT WORK. I have researched a lot of "All in one" wiring harnesses and none will do what I need them to do. It seems that in 2019 the Mustangs are now digital. Any suggestions? Also I cannot put the car back to stock because my stupid mechanic decided to pry open a non contact magnetic sensor that the Ford dealer cannot supply. Yet? Or at least I don't know of any because the part number was on the back that he trashed. HELP!

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
What harness did they supply? I only recommend the bowler harness and I would recommend emailing or calling them and ask about your specific situation and confirm that it would work. I can’t keep up with all these MY changes that are made sometimes. As far as I’m aware, and I’ll admit electronics are not one of my strengths, the bowler harness converts to a digital signal at what’re pulse rate you want.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
+1 to above, the Bowler harness should do what you need. The "analog" gauge cluster is still fully electronic/digital, just not with LCD screens.

supertorque

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thank you for the quick reply. I am not sure what they provided with the kit but it did have the speedometer and reverse lock out and the are both fine. I did call Bowler and they said specifically that is NOT what I need. I mean they made it clear that the all in one harness they supplied would not work for my application. I called JPC and they said they didn't know and if I figured it out to tell them about the solution. Now they have removed the 2018-2019 Tremec Magnum XL complete conversion kit from the website.

Sponsored

supertorque

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Also, I am ready to just put the car back to original and get rid of it for GT350 but I can't find the sensor I need to make the old MT82 interface with the car. Right now it's fun as heck to drive but at a price. I currently have no reverse lights, back up camera, Rev.match, Hill assist, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, no Drive modes(it's just in normal mode). I have magneride and being stuck in normal mode means no sport suspension either. I believe a lot of people are going to have problems with the newer ECM I think it's made by Bosch now and is a lot more complicated.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I to have the MGW as you can see from my pics in the first post. The collar is the only thing removed, the MGW grommet is inserted inside where the collar used to be, it slides over the shifter and rubber washers supplied by MGW are used to lift the height of the shift boot to be against the shifter knob. I used two of the rubber washers.

IMG_2520.jpg
IMG_2521.jpg
IMG_2526.jpg
Neither those washers or that shiny collar came with my MGW shifter., I assume those came with the MGW gripper ball?

I'm using a white Tremec shift knob, guess I need to find out if MGW will sell me a jam nut for their classic shift ball separately.

Last edited:
OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Thank you for the quick reply. I am not sure what they provided with the kit but it did have the speedometer and reverse lock out and the are both fine. I did call Bowler and they said specifically that is NOT what I need. I mean they made it clear that the all in one harness they supplied would not work for my application. I called JPC and they said they didn't know and if I figured it out to tell them about the solution. Now they have removed the 2018-2019 Tremec Magnum XL complete conversion kit from the website.
Holy crap. I don’t know what to say about that but you will most likely be the saving grace for other 2019 and up owners. Something about the rev match transmissions maybe. Did you reach out to a tuner to see if something can be accomplished?

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Neither those washers or that shiny collar came with my MGW shifter., I assume those came with the MGW gripper ball?

I'm using a white Tremec shift knob, guess I need to find out if MGW will sell me a jam nut for their classic shift ball separately.
I apparently wasn’t very clear about that info. The boot, grommet at the top portion of the boot and rubber washers were transferred over from the MGW that was originally on the mt82. The stainless collar is part of the gripper ball purchase which can be built several ways on their site for weighting purposes and personal preference.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Also, I am ready to just put the car back to original and get rid of it for GT350 but I can't find the sensor I need to make the old MT82 interface with the car. Right now it's fun as heck to drive but at a price. I currently have no reverse lights, back up camera, Rev.match, Hill assist, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, no Drive modes(it's just in normal mode). I have magneride and being stuck in normal mode means no sport suspension either. I believe a lot of people are going to have problems with the newer ECM I think it's made by Bosch now and is a lot more complicated.
Not sure why your reverse lights and backup camera aren't working. I would ask what harness was supplied with the kit, that would be helpful.
Have you tried contacting Dakota Digital to see if any of their products would work? That would be my next step.

Sponsored

supertorque

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The mechanic I used to do the install is the service manager at the largest GM service department in my area and he has whats called an HP Tuner. I'm not exactly sure what those are capable of but he claims it can read, monitor, diagnose and change any parameter needed to get the most out of any of GM's newest cars and trucks. But, he says he would have to buy credits to access any Ford vehicles or something to that effect? I know there are bluetooth programmable modules that may work but the problem with that is how to program it. I mean I'm not a genius by any stretch of the imagination nor am I a computer wiz but digital square signals and all that is way above my head. Also, how do I know what signal my cars ECM is looking for and there are six wires that need to be fed the correct digital signals that can vary in pulse rate or some crap like that anyway. I'm at a complete loss of knowledge about what all that complex mumbo jumbo means. In a nut shell, I have forked out about $6,000 to fix the gear lock out caused by Fords poorly designed remote shifter design but I love everything else about the car.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
The mechanic I used to do the install is the service manager at the largest GM service department in my area and he has whats called an HP Tuner. I'm not exactly sure what those are capable of but he claims it can read, monitor, diagnose and change any parameter needed to get the most out of any of GM's newest cars and trucks. But, he says he would have to buy credits to access any Ford vehicles or something to that effect? I know there are bluetooth programmable modules that may work but the problem with that is how to program it. I mean I'm not a genius by any stretch of the imagination nor am I a computer wiz but digital square signals and all that is way above my head. Also, how do I know what signal my cars ECM is looking for and there are six wires that need to be fed the correct digital signals that can vary in pulse rate or some crap like that anyway. I'm at a complete loss of knowledge about what all that complex mumbo jumbo means. In a nut shell, I have forked out about $6,000 to fix the gear lock out caused by Fords poorly designed remote shifter design but I love everything else about the car.
HP Tuners is for tuning the car, which you'll need to do in order for cruise control to work. I assume the 19's also use one of the wheel sensors for the speedometer, which is why it's working. So cruise control and shift assist are within the tune. You will need to have the car tuned to get those working correctly. Backup camera and reverse lights just need to be hooked up to the transmission's reverse output electrical connector. As for everything else, I'm not sure.
To me, it sounds like a separate harness was not used.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I apparently wasn’t very clear about that info. The boot, grommet at the top portion of the boot and rubber washers were transferred over from the MGW that was originally on the mt82. The stainless collar is part of the gripper ball purchase which can be built several ways on their site for weighting purposes and personal preference.
Thanks, I heard back from MGW and they'll sell me one of their fancy jam nuts for the Classic ball for $12 plus shipping. If I need some rubber spacers I can certainly figure that part out.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Threw Tilton a curveball when I told them the alignment tool they had in the kit was the wrong pilot diameter - it's for a GM 19/32" pilot instead of the Ford Modular 17mm pilot. Apparently they had been shipping the wrong alignment tool in the Ford kits for a while. Their product is gorgeous and engineering is second to none, but that packaging department needs some help. At least their customer service and technical departments are on the ball.

That said, in lieu of them ordering another plastic POS alignment tool from Summit to ship to me, I picked up this HOSS clutch alignment tool from Ram that's tailor-made for multi-plate clutch installation. As much as I've spent on this job so far, what's another $50 right?

ram-03-013.jpg
Sponsored