Sponsored

Installed a Bama tune today

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
should have skipped bama tunes 1-4 and just got the MPT. I tried the bama and it sucked. MPT rocks. I also tried the unleashed, it was decent, but the mpt is all around better
If I was to try out the MPT tune how much is it since I already have a flasher? $200?
Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
If I was to try out the MPT tune how much is it since I already have a flasher? $200?
99 bucks for one tune and 149 for three tunes I had the x4 tuner already when I ordered tunes from them they will need some info on the tunner and your car but its all in the form you fill out for the tunes

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
you really only need 1 tune. get the 91 or 93 prx tune. I run the 91, cause that's all we have in CA, but the response, tq and power is so much better. I even get 3-4mpg better than the stock tune. its the best $100 your ever going to spend. trust me. mpt spends more time on all aspects of how the car drives than anybody else

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Even though I am neutral on who the better tuner is, I really don't regret getting my 93prx. If you are curious enough about trying mpt and are willing to pay for it, I would say go for it.

austinhegland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White V6
Well I loaded my third tune today and it seems like they have the WOT shifts dialed in now, but the downshifts are still very harsh. It's like pumping the brakes on the 3/2 and 2/1 downshifts, the line pressure is to high. Can they set the shift pressure at different levels for upshifts and downshifts? And still downshifting at 25, 35, and 45 all the normal in town speed limits, so I'm always shifting up and down a lot. Car seems a little slower now too, but that may be cause I'm getting used to it. I'm going to load the race tune tomorrow before I call them and see if it's the same.:frusty::frusty:
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I just called them and told them about it and that the car was not smooth at all and almost undrivable. I said I was happy with the shift points now but that just were not smooth at all. Call them and they can adjust everything and send it to you today. That was my main problem with them. Unfortunately I can't datalog with a chromebook but I would suggest doing it if you are able to.

Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
you really only need 1 tune. get the 91 or 93 prx tune. I run the 91, cause that's all we have in CA, but the response, tq and power is so much better. I even get 3-4mpg better than the stock tune. its the best $100 your ever going to spend. trust me. mpt spends more time on all aspects of how the car drives than anybody else
Had unleashed when he told me to get mpt, he's right. Get it and you won't regret it. No datalogging, no back and forth, no phone calls. Perfect tune right off the bat. Can't ask for more. Even when I went catless all they needed was one datalog to nail the tune and get rid of the hesitation up top. Imagine doing that with bama, you would need 25 datalogs :lol:

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
After reading the above threads that's why I bought a SCTx4 preloader 93 from SCT direct. I had other tuners in the past. I can program my menu for RPM's from idle to redline and auto shifting firmness from factory to +25% which in D or S driving normal hits shifting points the same however under a load high RPM's shift firmer and paddle shifting is so firm you burn the tires off. Also I can go on there website and down load any updates.

OP
OP

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I just called them and told them about it and that the car was not smooth at all and almost undrivable. I said I was happy with the shift points now but that just were not smooth at all. Call them and they can adjust everything and send it to you today. That was my main problem with them. Unfortunately I can't datalog with a chromebook but I would suggest doing it if you are able to.

Forgot to mention that my WOT shifts were all the same RPMs but at only 6300. I just talked to another tuner and told him to reset my shift schedule and line pressure back to stock. He said he'd put the shift schedule back to stock and on the race tune leave the line pressure at +5 to 10% in the upshift mode. If I want line pressures increased I can do it with my tuner. Even if this works out OK I may still try a MPT tune also. By the way what does PRX stand for anyway.

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Prx I believe is performance xtreme

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Prx I believe is performance xtreme

Their PR-X is their race tune but its great on the street and I gained 3 MPG with their tune over stock 93, stock 93 octane I was getting 27 combined on my car with the tune I got 30 combined and even made it to 32 combined on my V6

15Black3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 3.7
After reading the above threads that's why I bought a SCTx4 preloader 93 from SCT direct. I had other tuners in the past. I can program my menu for RPM's from idle to redline and auto shifting firmness from factory to +25% which in D or S driving normal hits shifting points the same however under a load high RPM's shift firmer and paddle shifting is so firm you burn the tires off. Also I can go on there website and down load any updates.
We're talking about good tunes such as mpt here. Not canned garbage

austinhegland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White V6
Forgot to mention that my WOT shifts were all the same RPMs but at only 6300. I just talked to another tuner and told him to reset my shift schedule and line pressure back to stock. He said he'd put the shift schedule back to stock and on the race tune leave the line pressure at +5 to 10% in the upshift mode. If I want line pressures increased I can do it with my tuner. Even if this works out OK I may still try a MPT tune also. By the way what does PRX stand for anyway.
Let me know what you think of MPT if you do decide to get a tune from them. It's a pain to try and dial in a Bama tune. There is no reason it should've taken as much work as it did.