chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
The Flex Fuel Tune uses the O2 sensors still, I wanted this so I could check the ethanol content and AFR to make sure it's locked on and to see which stations are pumping the best or most consistent E85 without getting my hands dirty. I use an X4 so I can't just look at a gauge in my car and see the estimated ethanol content is like the ngauge displays.
I'm preparing to get tuned (93, FF, e85r) I've already purchased and installed a Ngauge and will be tuning with Tuning by James and curious about monitoring ethanol content. I would like to monitor using the Ngauge as opposed to tube testing. I'm new to this, are you saying the Ngauge will give an estimate of the ethanol content as it comes without an additional sensor installed?
Sponsored

OP
OP
OneFordGT

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I'm preparing to get tuned (93, FF, e85r) I've already purchased and installed a Ngauge and will be tuning with Tuning by James and curious about monitoring ethanol content. I would like to monitor using the Ngauge as opposed to tube testing. I'm new to this, are you saying the Ngauge will give an estimate of the ethanol content as it comes without an additional sensor installed?
It’s an estimate but it is pretty accurate from everything I’ve read. I don’t have an ngauge and didn’t plan on buying one since I had an X4 so that’s why I went the route with the sensor. You will be good with what you have.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Could this be fitted in the fuel return ?

No disturbance to high pressure connections, less chance of ford blaming it for any fuel related issues etc ? I know they won’t like e85, but then it wouldn’t have e85 in it by the time they see it would it ... lol

The gauge is no use to me, but I find it a cool thing to read about :like: :sunglasses:

WD :like:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Could this be fitted in the fuel return ?

No disturbance to high pressure connections, less chance of ford blaming it for any fuel related issues etc ? I know they won’t like e85, but then it wouldn’t have e85 in it by the time they see it would it ... lol

The gauge is no use to me, but I find it a cool thing to read about :like: :sunglasses:

WD :like:
The OEM fuel system is not a return style.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Really thinking about getting this. Anybody else using this? I see OP opted for the billet upgrade connections, not sure if I can warrant an additional $80 for those two small fittings. $435 with them.

Sponsored

JCosperStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can anyone confirm or deny this configuration working on a 2018+ coyote? From the pics, the lines look a little different. I'm not at all experienced with working on fuel lines so I would almost have to get something that is plug and play.

JCosperStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
After talking with the OP... it appears this will work on 2018+ cars as well. I have it on order! Will update when it arrives. Thanks for the help OneFordGT

Conman1138

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6MT - Ruby Red
After talking with the OP... it appears this will work on 2018+ cars as well. I have it on order! Will update when it arrives. Thanks for the help OneFordGT
Just found this thread, looking to do the same on my 2018. It appears that this kit is no longer available. Did you end up getting parts and installing them?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That’s a nice setup! I just ordered an nGauge with Lund 93 and e85 tunes. I need one of these to compliment my setup.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a nice setup! I just ordered an nGauge with Lund 93 and e85 tunes. I need one of these to compliment my setup.
Send them an email, they need to know there is demand. I had one on order a few months back, but after not receiving it for over a month I was contacted and told they couldn't get the necessary parts and refunded me. I reached out again last week and was told they may be able to produce units in the near future. As far as I know this is the only completely plug and play offering available.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
cool setup!

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
My only worry would be the reliability of the blue tooth connection with this setup, I'd rather have a hard wired connection to a gauge . I have an Ngauge and from what I've read you can connect an inline ethanol sensor to it and it will read and display the E%. I read a post on this site where one member did it this way. It doesn't look to difficult to do provided you know what connectors are needed (I don't have a clue) to splice the sensor into the fuel line. With all the people buying E-85 tunes and tuning devices you would think the vendors that sell them would offer an inline ethanol sensor kit as an add-on - they would probably sell a few. Testing E% with a bottle is a PITA.

DinoDan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just found this thread, looking to do the same on my 2018. It appears that this kit is no longer available. Did you end up getting parts and installing them?
Same here. Is there any other kit out there to be able to display the ethanol content in the fuel? I also have a X4. Pretty lame that ford does not have this standard. Even my 2006 C6Z06 has the ability to read the E content from the factory

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
They are selling the kit again! Just ordered mine last night.
Sponsored