Sponsored

Install tips on --> Ford Performance Knuckle To Toe Link Bearing Assembly?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
They do help with deflection they just one part of many to improve the rear IRS

Wraith_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The biggest improvement I seen on was the rear lower control arm spherical bearing. Really made a difference in how the rear of the car felt at highway speeds and feels like it should now.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Yes the ball joint press works. I borrowed TWO from two different parts stores. That gave me more collar options to choose from.

It gets tricky to plan out proper clearances with the tool and collars, etc, since the bearing moves over and interference with the wheel parts develops.

Be careful to change collars as necessary as you progress. You can get into a situation that puts great pressure on the inner bearing and ruin it.

Also you will need to spread the fork of your OEM tow link to clear the new wider bearing.

This is a good time to consider purchasing new toe links that adjust with a turnbuckle. These are much less likely to have alignment drift and you don't have to torque the 4 toe link bolts down quite so hard. 80-100 ft-lbs should be enough instead of 130# for the OEM links.

If you do order new toe links, be sure to order the set that is wider to work with the new spherical bearings. I know that HotPart.com sells these, as does another aftermarket company (forgot which). And of course, new links requires an immediate alignment.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Yes the ball joint press works. I borrowed TWO from two different parts stores. That gave me more collar options to choose from.

It gets tricky to plan out proper clearances with the tool and collars, etc, since the bearing moves over and interference with the wheel parts develops.

Be careful to change collars as necessary as you progress. You can get into a situation that puts great pressure on the inner bearing and ruin it.

Also you will need to spread the fork of your OEM tow link to clear the new wider bearing.

This is a good time to consider purchasing new toe links that adjust with a turnbuckle. These are much less likely to have alignment drift and you don't have to torque the 4 toe link bolts down quite so hard. 80-100 ft-lbs should be enough instead of 130# for the OEM links.

If you do order new toe links, be sure to order the set that is wider to work with the new spherical bearings. I know that HotPart.com sells these, as does another aftermarket company (forgot which). And of course, new links requires an immediate alignment.
Thanks GTP for the awesome informative reply!
Anthony

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The biggest improvement I seen on was the rear lower control arm spherical bearing. Really made a difference in how the rear of the car felt at highway speeds and feels like it should now.
Totally agree. Do the toe link and RLCA bearings at the same time. I took the lower control arms and knuckles to a shop to have the bearings pressed in.
Sponsored