Inside the Carbon Revolution Wheel

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
I’m have a couple of lugs that triple click at the end torque? I’m Thinking the stock lug nuts have that outer shell that may be slipping , any opinions?
Yes, ditch the stock lug nuts. I personally went with McGard.
Sponsored

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
I’m have a couple of lugs that triple click at the end torque? I’m Thinking the stock lug nuts have that outer shell that may be slipping , any opinions?
triple? Like you go back and test the torque after you are done and they turn more? and then click again? or is your torque wrench working correctly?

My guess is that there is still a small amount of anti-seize on the threads (nuts are hard to clean) and this is adding just a little lube making the torque move just a touch more when you re-test the load. Threads with lubrication on them will turn easier and make the preload different.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
triple? Like you go back and test the torque after you are done and they turn more? and then click again? or is your torque wrench working correctly?

My guess is that there is still a small amount of anti-seize on the threads (nuts are hard to clean) and this is adding just a little lube making the torque move just a touch more when you re-test the load. Threads with lubrication on them will turn easier and make the preload different.
More like ratcheting; Both my old and my new torque wrench did this ratchet clicking on a couple of the lugs at the very end torque and my suspect as it’s those Lugnuts have a outer shell that could be slipping as they are the old stock ones and they’re not brand new and have been used a few times!

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Did yours do that ? and how much are those that you mentioned
I didn’t chance it with the stock lugs so they came off the first week. The McGards cost about 110 bucks for a full set. I ordered the 64073 which are 22mm socket size vs. the 21mm stock size.
Sponsored