Insane hood shake! Need help!!

StangGangDXB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Panos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
So recently my 2017 mustang started getting absolutely terrible hood shake when i go above 110 km/h. Heres a video of what it looks like:

I have tried adjusting the latch, I tried adjusting the rubber stoppers, it still keeps happening.

I was thinking of installing quik latches but wasnt sure if it was more of a band aid on a issue that should be resolved.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangGangDXB

StangGangDXB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Panos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Bump! Guys I really need some advice here!

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
If your hood latch and the hinges are tight, then this is happening because there's too much air getting under the hood. The air needs somewhere to go and it's lifting the hood. Looks like you have a GT350 front bumper. Was this happening before you put that on?

OP
OP
StangGangDXB

StangGangDXB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Panos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
If your hood latch and the hinges are tight, then this is happening because there's too much air getting under the hood. The air needs somewhere to go and it's lifting the hood. Looks like you have a GT350 front bumper. Was this happening before you put that on?
So I actually bought the car with the bumper installed but it was just newly installed and not really driven by the previous owner. Had it for about a month with no issues but then this started and can’t figure itnout for the life of me.

I thought it might be because air couldnt get out but I'm not sure exactly how to solve that issue if thats what it is

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Make sure all of the under belly pans are nice tight and secure. I was just chasing some hood shake down on my 2011 SHO and ended up being the under belly pan not secured all the way and air was making its way up to the hood above 70 mph.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangGangDXB

StangGangDXB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Panos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Make sure all of the under belly pans are nice tight and secure. I was just chasing some hood shake down on my 2011 SHO and ended up being the under belly pan not secured all the way and air was making its way up to the hood above 70 mph.
Oh okayy, i do know that my under belly panel is pretty loose because it doesnt quiet fit on the new bumper, I didn’t even consider that might be the issue, definitely will try to secure it somehow and see if it helps!!

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Oh okayy, i do know that my under belly panel is pretty loose because it doesnt quiet fit on the new bumper, I didn’t even consider that might be the issue, definitely will try to secure it somehow and see if it helps!!
Another thing you can try is removing the rubber weatherstripping under the back of the hood. That'll let more air escape without creating a pressure spike.

OP
OP
StangGangDXB

StangGangDXB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Panos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Another thing you can try is removing the rubber weatherstripping under the back of the hood. That'll let more air escape without creating a pressure spike.
Okayy yea i can see that working, if tighteningn the underbelly panel doesnt work i’ll give that a shot!
Sponsored