Jarstang

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Art of Performance: Limited-Edition Mustang Mach 1 Rides Back onto the Muscle Car Scene on Unique Handling Package Wheels

Mach-1-HP-Wheel.gif

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 29, 2020 – Inspired by construction and engineering marvels such as bridges, roll cages and even bird’s nests, the all-new Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package wheels aim to capture attention when they reach roads and tracks across the U.S. and Canada early next year.

Using a layered construction design typically reserved for show cars and other non-production vehicles, the cast aluminum wheels bring with them on-track benefits such as structural integrity for hard cornering and about a two-pound weight drop from the standard Mach 1 wheels, despite being one inch wider.

The all-new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package will be available to order on Jan. 4, reaching showrooms in the spring.

Mach-1-HP-Wheels-Infographic.jpg

Advertisement

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
now they just need to come pre-treated with ceramic or similar so cleaning them won't be a major PITA.
Beat me to it. I like everything about them, except the prospect of trying to get a mitt in there.

fastergt350

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Ordering, 2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison, 2020 Shelby GT500 Traded In
Hurry up and get here January 4, lets get this started.

hemistar1

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Looks very similar to the current PP2 wheels. And when did a “birdsnest “design become beneficial Or a selling point. A birds nest sometimes can be a tangled mess.

Looks like Ford is running outta ideas and decided to raid the parts bin again.

IMHO the Mach 1 is a few years late and Ford did not do enough to make me want trade my current GT. I will be waiting for the next full makeover.

Johnnydarkgt350

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
An unanswered question as to how much camber change under track or high load cornering? I’ve read Billy Johnson racer: Gt350r designer mentioned the alloy wheels flex one degree of camber compared to the carbon fiber wheels.

Advertisement

5 SPURS - 1

Advertisement