Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Art of Performance: Limited-Edition Mustang Mach 1 Rides Back onto the Muscle Car Scene on Unique Handling Package Wheels

Mach-1-HP-Wheel.gif

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 29, 2020 – Inspired by construction and engineering marvels such as bridges, roll cages and even bird’s nests, the all-new Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package wheels aim to capture attention when they reach roads and tracks across the U.S. and Canada early next year.

Using a layered construction design typically reserved for show cars and other non-production vehicles, the cast aluminum wheels bring with them on-track benefits such as structural integrity for hard cornering and about a two-pound weight drop from the standard Mach 1 wheels, despite being one inch wider.

The all-new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package will be available to order on Jan. 4, reaching showrooms in the spring.

Mach-1-HP-Wheels-Infographic.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Looks very similar to the current PP2 wheels. And when did a “birdsnest “design become beneficial Or a selling point. A birds nest sometimes can be a tangled mess.

Looks like Ford is running outta ideas and decided to raid the parts bin again.

IMHO the Mach 1 is a few years late and Ford did not do enough to make me want trade my current GT. I will be waiting for the next full makeover.

Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
An unanswered question as to how much camber change under track or high load cornering? I’ve read Billy Johnson racer: Gt350r designer mentioned the alloy wheels flex one degree of camber compared to the carbon fiber wheels.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got a link?
Late Model Resoration’s SVE wheel lineup are flow formed aluminum and anywhere from 22lbs up and generally under $200/wheel.
Sponsored