Alessio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 5.0 Euro Spec
Hello Guys,
i am planning to get a gt350 intake manifold with gt350 throttle body as well,
im running yet a Lund tune.
if someone has Experience with this setup, also with a specific tune by Lund, can reply to me as far the possible lack of low rpm torque?
do someone has experienced this issue?
Thanks
Alessio
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The torque down low is not any less than stock. There won't be much of a gain until like 5-6000rpm, but it's not like it loses down low. There's a good thread by MotoIQ regarding this.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Interestingly, when I asked Lund about whether to go with the 87mm TB or stock 80mm, they said they prefer their customers to run the stock TB. That the larger TB gains nothing and can contribute to throttle surge at part throttle in low RPM.

OP
OP

Alessio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 5.0 Euro Spec
Interestingly, when I asked Lund about whether to go with the 87mm TB or stock 80mm, they said they prefer their customers to run the stock TB. That the larger TB gains nothing and can contribute to throttle surge at part throttle in low RPM.
Hey Thanks for the reply,

Yes, i have kindly spoken with Jon from Lund as well (i am running a Tune from him) and suggested me the exact same thing, to keep my OEM Throttle Body, and get only the Intake Manifold,

This is what i'm going to do :)

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It's probably because Lund and many other aftermarket tuners do not want to spend the time and effort to fully tune the GT350 throttle body for 100% perfect driveability.

It's been shown by the FRPP power packs that the GT350 TB can be made to drive 100% like stock, so it's not the throttle body's fault...it's all in the tuning capabilities.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not calling Lund out or anyone else for their skills...I'm sure they could figure it out. But I think they don't bother because they don't have the same resources as Ford to devote on it, plus like you said the OEM throttle body makes just as much power.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Alessio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 5.0 Euro Spec
It's probably because Lund and many other aftermarket tuners do not want to spend the time and effort to fully tune the GT350 throttle body for 100% perfect driveability.

It's been shown by the FRPP power packs that the GT350 TB can be made to drive 100% like stock, so it's not the throttle body's fault...it's all in the tuning capabilities.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not calling Lund out or anyone else for their skills...I'm sure they could figure it out. But I think they don't bother because they don't have the same resources as Ford to devote on it, plus like you said the OEM throttle body makes just as much power.
Hey, thanks for replying!

i think you told exactly what them are saying.
the benefits, would not worth the efforts, considering that the OEM TB can make really really close numbers, would be no point to change it.
Thanks
:)

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Question for those people who have gone from a tune on the stock manifold to a tune on the gr350 manifold with the same tuner:
Did you notice a loss in torque in the mid to low rpm range? I see motoIQ say pp3 produces as much torque as a stock untuned car. Hence I’m worried that my aed tuned stock manifold will have more torque than an aed tune on a GT350 manifold and I won’t like it after swapping.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3

I thought the same thing. What I find interesting is that many people running the larger TB have preached that Lund now has the tune for this perfected. So why would Lund themselves be advising against this TB if they have the receipe to get it right? Perhaps some of those people with the TB aren't bothered by a bit of surge here and there and that it is perfect in their eyes?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Hey Thanks for the reply,

Yes, i have kindly spoken with Jon from Lund as well (i am running a Tune from him) and suggested me the exact same thing, to keep my OEM Throttle Body, and get only the Intake Manifold,

This is what i'm going to do :)
Excellent, I am still undecided whether to go with the tune first or go straight to the 350 manifold. On one hand it would be nice to see the gains as I add mods but on the other power all the way to 7500 sounds so good!

Does anyone know the instal time for the GT350 manifold if doing DIY with instructions and wiring harness extension provided?

JFox86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange 5.0
I recently switched tuners. I had a local guy who is a coyote tuner tune my set up. I decided to add the GT350TB and my local tuner told me to call Shaun at AED. He told me Shaun had the driveability down with that set up. I called Shaun and he told me specifically that the TB did have gains over the stock TB. I have since added the TB and his tune and all I can say is WOW. Totally different car. It goes to show you when the tuners have a car in house and a set up to work with they can get a tune dialed in well. My local tuner will still be doing all my installs but Shaun is my guy for tuning from now on.

OP call Shaun and talk to him about what you want. I think he has this setup down as well as anyone. Plus I only paid $149 for the TB so it's not really a big loss if it doesn't work out.

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I recently switched tuners. I had a local guy who is a coyote tuner tune my set up. I decided to add the GT350TB and my local tuner told me to call Shaun at AED. He told me Shaun had the driveability down with that set up. I called Shaun and he told me specifically that the TB did have gains over the stock TB. I have since added the TB and his tune and all I can say is WOW. Totally different car. It goes to show you when the tuners have a car in house and a set up to work with they can get a tune dialed in well. My local tuner will still be doing all my installs but Shaun is my guy for tuning from now on.

OP call Shaun and talk to him about what you want. I think he has this setup down as well as anyone. Plus I only paid $149 for the TB so it's not really a big loss if it doesn't work out.

[MENTION=21969]JFox86[/MENTION] how much of that do you think was down to the tune? How was the car running before with your previous tuner? Not being facetious, just trying to gather info. The TB is only $90 from autonation white bear lake but I don't want to mess with throttle surge given my car is a daily.

JFox86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange 5.0
The tune I had before was spot on. My prior set up was a Roush CAI, stock TB with adapter and a GT350IM. Car made great power on the dyno and drove very smooth. Didn't have any complaints. I wanted the TB so I talked with my tuner and I decided to give Shaun a call. Shaun's base file ran smooth with a few quirks but after one data log session it was spot freakin on lol. I totally understand how a tune can effect a car but the throttle is much more crisp and snaps harder and I feel the TB does play a role in that.

Spiller who is currently tuning your car?

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT

Can you pm me who you had tune you car locally. I’ve been looking for someone local that can tune Coyotes.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
The tune I had before was spot on. My prior set up was a Roush CAI, stock TB with adapter and a GT350IM. Car made great power on the dyno and drove very smooth. Didn't have any complaints. I wanted the TB so I talked with my tuner and I decided to give Shaun a call. Shaun's base file ran smooth with a few quirks but after one data log session it was spot freakin on lol. I totally understand how a tune can effect a car but the throttle is much more crisp and snaps harder and I feel the TB does play a role in that.

Spiller who is currently tuning your car?

[MENTION=21969]JFox86[/MENTION] i am in Aus and don't trust anyone here to tune so going to go with Lund remote tune. Hence I was following their advice. I'd prefer max throttle response so I might just go with it and be a bit of a pain for them. They offer 3 months free revisions anyhow. Did you need to buy a different CAI to mate to the larger TB?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Mods in my sig, no issues with surge other than what these cars have when they're cold.
Sponsored