Sponsored

Infinity and JBL amplifiers - differences?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I’m looking into getting a new amp for my sub. It’s been a while since I’ve been in the game for this stuff, last amp I bought was a PPI Powerclass PC275. I wish it didn’t break, that was a nice amp. Before that it was a PPI Art Class A600. Anyway I’m looking at these two amps by Infinity and JBL. I know both companies are owned by the same parent company (Harmon), so I imagine they share technology between them. But I have a suspicion that they really are just the same amp with a different casing. The amps in question are “Infinity Reference 6001A” and “JBL Club A600”. They seem to have the same specs but one is $20 cheaper. Anyone have insight on this?
7FE66553-921A-4A11-B40A-ECB7F821357A.jpeg
Sponsored

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
I’m looking into getting a new amp for my sub. It’s been a while since I’ve been in the game for this stuff, last amp I bought was a PPI Powerclass PC275. I wish it didn’t break, that was a nice amp. Before that it was a PPI Art Class A600. Anyway I’m looking at these two amps by Infinity and JBL. I know both companies are owned by the same parent company (Harmon), so I imagine they share technology between them. But I have a suspicion that they really are just the same amp with a different casing. The amps in question are “Infinity Reference 6001A” and “JBL Club A600”. They seem to have the same specs but one is $20 cheaper. Anyone have insight on this?
7FE66553-921A-4A11-B40A-ECB7F821357A.jpeg
If you look at the owner’s manuals for the two amps, available on each product’s description page on Crutchfield’s website, they have the same physical measurements and the same owner’s manual with each brand name substituted where applicable. It’s now a decision about aesthetics.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
aesthetically I like the JBL more. id pay 20 more for the sleeker design imo. easier on the eyes

OP
OP
Mike Pfeifer

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It’s fascinating to me that they would go to the trouble of repackaging stuff just to have 2 brands. Looks like this formula goes up and down the product lines.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
All JBL and Infinity product practically match one to one in their line up, which is nice because they can offer great quality products with ton of focused research and development with different aesthetics for different tastes and brand nostalgia plus their products offer more value than any other brand on the market.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike Pfeifer

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Wow, PPI Art amp? Haven't seen or heard anyone mention those in a really long time. Old school perfection:)

I've got a Rockford Fosgate 500X1 and it's pretty bad a$$ for it's size.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R2500X1/Rockford-Fosgate-R2-500X1.html?tp=14
Yep, those were the days, when amps were a work of art and people would make crazy elaborate designs in the trunk and Alma Gates had the world record for loudest Subwoofer system. It was a sad day when PPI got bought out and started making all their stuff in china.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yep, those were the days, when amps were a work of art and people would make crazy elaborate designs in the trunk and Alma Gates had the world record for loudest Subwoofer system. It was a sad day when PPI got bought out and started making all their stuff in china.
I remember those days. I was rocking this black A404 with circuit board artwork silkscreened on the chassis. Had it in the trunk of my 92' Acura Integra. I had built a false floor with two 10" Oz subs, black vinyl wrapped panels with plexiglass windows, plus neon lighting to top it off. I should have taken pictures of that car.
1643389694042.png

OP
OP
Mike Pfeifer

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I remember those days. I was rocking this black A404 with circuit board artwork silkscreened on the chassis. Had it in the trunk of my 92' Acura Integra. I had built a false floor with two 10" Oz subs, black vinyl wrapped panels with plexiglass windows, plus neon lighting to top it off. I should have taken pictures of that car.
1643389694042.png
Yep, I had an A404 as well, but it was the white with multicolored artwork. There were many special edition paint jobs back then. I’ve seen just about every color possible on the Art Series amps. No one make them like that anymore.
Sponsored