In the shop...

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
1700 miles and it's in the shop. Heard a rattle last night thought it was a heat shield that had become loose. While driving slow it was more of a ticking like baseball cad in the spokes sound.. would disappear when under load or the clutch depressed. Also let them know I get the brake squeal in the am.. Service guy said I would because they are semi metallic pads but they will check them anyway... I didn't have any forum documentaction to refute his answer.

I'll post results asap.
Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
1700 miles and it's in the shop. Heard a rattle last night thought it was a heat shield that had become loose. While driving slow it was more of a ticking like baseball cad in the spokes sound.. would disappear when under load or the clutch depressed. Also let them know I get the brake squeal in the am.. Service guy said I would because they are semi metallic pads but they will check them anyway... I didn't have any forum documentaction to refute his answer.

I'll post results asap.
The brake issue is not normal do not them tell you it is. There is a TSB for this issue on certain cars.
uploadfromtaptalk1438011599811.jpg
. I have attached a copy of the TSB for you here print it or just take the number with you.

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I just got off the phone with the service guy. The mechanic believes it the exhaust (tsb on it) ordered the part and it should be here in day. Im going to call back and tell them about this tsb.

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Update, they are repairing the brakes, however as of yesterday the exhaust flange that they said was leaking and making the rattle wasn't in yet, it was supposedly ordered Monday when I dropped off the car.. I requested they update me either way the next day, today, no update. I called and of course got the answering service. Let's see what tomorrow brings. In the least if the car isn't ready I am going to request a compensated car for my troubles.... thoughts?

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Update, they are repairing the brakes, however as of yesterday the exhaust flange that they said was leaking and making the rattle wasn't in yet, it was supposedly ordered Monday when I dropped off the car.. I requested they update me either way the next day, today, no update. I called and of course got the answering service. Let's see what tomorrow brings. In the least if the car isn't ready I am going to request a compensated car for my troubles.... thoughts?
This is nothing unique. I had the TSB performed for my brakes and resolved my own exhaust troubles with a 13mm socket.

Sponsored

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
...like baseball cad in the spokes sound...
Do you spell with an accent as well? Hahaha don't mean to pick on you but I saw "cad" and laughed out loud immediately after seeing the Boston location. :lol::cheers:

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
I just started getting the break squeal but have the pp brembo brakes. Is that covered under any tsb?

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Caahd... Lol

No they didnt put me in a rental. Thought it would be a day or 2. And i was riding my motorcycle. But now its friday, my call yesterday and this am have gone without a response. I will be heading to the dealership after work for either my car if its done or a rental.

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Do you spell with an accent as well? Hahaha don't mean to pick on you but I saw "cad" and laughed out loud immediately after seeing the Boston location. :lol::cheers:
As an original Mainiac, it would be spellt cahd.

:headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Needed the laughs in the gloomy times.

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Got a call today, parts arrived. They apparently have a few techs out this week as well as a few in training. They provided me with a rental. A sweet brand new nissan versa note... I told my 1( yr old son i got rid of the stang and boughht this. He wont talk to me. There is a chance my car might be ready tomorrow... And the rattle is gone....Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Update..

Dealer called said the car was ready. Sure enough both tsb's were done, exhaust and front bakes. Went out to the car and started it up and rattle, err chatter was still there. Went back in. And brought the tech out.. guess what happened next? No chatter.... hasn't happened since.... but he said he would make a note and let the manager know. Anyone else having this chatter sound, almost reminds me of a throw out bearing chatter....
Sponsored