Sponsored

In the market for a 2020 PP2- is production over?

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Hi all, I’m not finding any new PP2s on autotrader etc. is production over for 2020? I’m assuming they won’t be bringing the package back for 2021 with the introduction of the Mach 1.

looking for velocity blue if anyone knows of any. Thank you

Dom
Sponsored

AGM2018

Hi all, I’m not finding any new PP2s on autotrader etc. is production over for 2020? I’m assuming they won’t be bringing the package back for 2021 with the introduction of the Mach 1.

Dom

The "balance out" date for MY2020 isn't until December 23rd, 2020; thus, if you want to factory order a 2020 PP2 to your custom specifications, there is ample time to do so. Were I you, and I wanted to factory order a 2020 PP2, I would find a high-volume dealer with mustang allocations, negotiate your price, pay the ordering deposit (if required by the dealership) and order the car. Average time for a factory build is at/about 8-10 weeks. YMMV :bandit::sunglasses:

AGM2018

I doubt there's going to be any more. The virus shutdowns are going to have them scrambling to finish existing orders. I personally wouldn't want a car build in the next few months anyway.
My curiosity is piqued by your comment of your saying you wouldn't want to build a car in the next few months. May I, please, have your reasoning/opinions/comments as to why you wouldn't want to build a car in the next few months? Thanks!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My curiosity is piqued by your comment of your saying you wouldn't want to build a car in the next few months. May I, please, have your reasoning/opinions/comments as to why you wouldn't want to build a car in the next few months? Thanks!
I believe his reason is rushing orders/builds, and rushing QC to get a backlog of orders that have been sitting produced. Also, the factories may have to have some shakedown again similar to when a new model's out. People have to get "back in the habit" of how to do things, and things that have been sitting may have to be rechecked and tooled back to spec.

AGM2018

I believe his reason is rushing orders/builds, and rushing QC to get a backlog of orders that have been sitting produced. Also, the factories may have to have some shakedown again similar to when a new model's out. People have to get "back in the habit" of how to do things, and things that have been sitting may have to be rechecked and tooled back to spec.

Schwerin,

Thanks for your reply. I can certainly understand the apprehension of current orders being rushed, especially with some already less than world class assembly and quality control at the 'Stangs Flat Rock Plant before the COVID-19 pandemic. My expectation...and hope...would be with the 2020 model year being the third model year in the current S550 Stang's mildly refreshed body style (from 2018), the assembly line workers will have the desire, skill and expertise, due to building the same car (essentially) for the last two years, to quickly assemble and build the backlog of ordered cars with both accuracy and good quality control. Only time will tell if my expectation it too high, right?

Sponsored

Bluezeke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2

Dom
Something like this? :)
11D74247-D90F-479A-9495-A2461E27A7B4.jpeg

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
OP call Ford (800-392-3673) and have them do a search or go to your local dealer if you have a relationship and have them search. Not all dealers are on cars.com or autotrader. Both can do a true nationwide search of all dealers.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
There are a few Velocity Blue GT's with PP1 around me. Nothing with PP2.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the assembly line workers will have the desire, skill and expertise, due to building the same car (essentially) for the last two years, to quickly assemble and build the backlog of ordered cars with both accuracy and good quality control.
sorry, man what universe are you living in? It's been a truism to never buy a Monday or a Friday car from a Detroit automaker. Their workmanship routinely went to hell after a 2 day break, what do you think the results will be of a 4 month shutdown? Even a 2 week break often requires a fairly rigorous 'retraining' to get back into the flow of things.

Now having siad htat, I hope to god you get the best-built car to come out of the factory.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Car gurus is king for this. This is the only one I could find. I used Bloomington's zip code as that seems to be around the center of the state.

Beaver Dam, WI. 208 mi away. Dealer ordered according to dealers site. Velocity Blue, black stripe. Blend date of 03/12
https://www.summitfordbeaverdam.com...edium=referral&utm_campaign=cargurus_listings
Window sticker
https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/FordSticker.html?title=1FA6P8CF7L5145862

There's also a Kona blue in St. Louis, MO but with car sales being as low as they are right now you'll be hard pressed to find any on the lots especially considering how rare PP2's are.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
sorry, man what universe are you living in? It's been a truism to never buy a Monday or a Friday car from a Detroit automaker. Their workmanship routinely went to hell after a 2 day break, what do you think the results will be of a 4 month shutdown? Even a 2 week break often requires a fairly rigorous 'retraining' to get back into the flow of things.

Now having siad htat, I hope to god you get the best-built car to come out of the factory.
Okay...really? Please don’t claim an overplayed myth a truism. The is zero evidence supporting anything you just said and a part of the problem.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

My car is a Friday build and I found evidence of a manager QC inspection/sign off after hours. Not really evidence of that supposed truism either way, but interesting nonetheless. Only issue I've noted so far though was a single dash rattle that multiple other people have reported.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay...really? Please don’t claim an overplayed myth a truism. The is zero evidence supporting anything you just said and a part of the problem.
Fine, it may no longer be true but just like the dead voting twice in Chicago, it becomes a 'thing' because there was a kernel of truth to it. I brought it up simply to counterweight the notion that there won't be a re-learn/re-calibrate back into a routine after 4 months of sloth and idleness that won't show up in QC. Humans are not automatons unfortunately and thank God for computer-driven tools, but even 'just like riding a bike' can result in unexpected 'wobbling' after a long enough layoff.
Sponsored