Sponsored

In the market for a 2020 PP2- is production over?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The synchronizers always work if needed. The computer is holding the revs where they need to be; that's exactly what up-shift rev-match does. And again, if you let the revs drop to idle, computer would bring them up to where they need to be when you shift from N (or clutch in) to any other gear. It's like saying you only have brakes when moving forward. If you have forward brakes, you'll have backward brakes too :). The computer doesn't know if you're going to up or downshift; it just matches the revs to whichever gear you shift to. On normal shifts, on downshifts, it has to blip the throttle; on upshifts, it just holds the revs (rev hang)... but where the next gear will be.
Sponsored

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Will you be DDing the Mach1?
Toronto is pretty much the same weather-wise where you are, and I DD my PP2.
You need a dedicated set of winter tires, if you didn't already intend on it :thumbsup:

It'll be hard to get a set of tires to fit "safely" within recommended parameters, to fit on the stock Mach1 wheels (per the offset, width specs that I recall.) Best bet is a dedicated set of winter tire and rims.

Otherwise, if you are just looking to swap out the tires to drive the Mach1 home safely, and it won't be a DD, and you store the Cup2s, this is a different story.

If you can find the OEM size, Continental Extreme Contact DWS would be helpful, if there's still some snow on the ground.
Or, I believe Cooper Zeon RS3-G1.

Again, these are just to be able to get it home safely, and also drive in sub-zero temps.
Tires like the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s are still summer compounds (although not as aggressive as the Cup 2) and can crack in sub-zeros.

It's tricky with the March time-frame, due to the weather and finicky temps.
Otherwise, you can also do a Continental Extreme Contact Sport.
I did well getting PP1 wheels from Ford Performance, to which I put Michelin A/S 3 tires on mostly for cold rain. Ford Performance was cheaper than buying PP1 wheels through my dealership and most importantly they clear the calipers.
profilepic2.jpg

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I did well getting PP1 wheels from Ford Performance, to which I put Michelin A/S 3 tires on mostly for cold rain. Ford Performance was cheaper than buying PP1 wheels through my dealership and most importantly they clear the calipers.
profilepic2.jpg
Funny, I did exactly the same thing, except I got the silver ones. (I put dedicated snow tires, though, since I DD it and it snows a lot in Toronto)

IMG_2918.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They look good like that on your car.
Actually funny thing is I wanted the black ones you have, but I think they were back-ordered or something.
It's true what you said about these FP wheels being cheaper though, from the FP catalog.
It's essentially the same wheel made by the same supplier that makes the regular PP1 wheel for Ford, so not sure why the huge price difference?
Sponsored