Sponsored

IN STOCK!!! New Sync3 theme navigation from Moddiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP Mustang GT
Has anyone else had trouble updating to the beta software? I've played with this all week and cannot get the upgrade to install with the instructions provided.

Why are you hitting system reset instead of system update ?
Sponsored

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Why are you hitting system reset instead of system update ?

Because resetting a device is the same as updating?? :shrug:

But anyways, I can't believe so many people are getting bent out of shape for minor flaws that software updates will fix? Making a big deal out of time changes and temperature errors are really minor in my eyes. Just give the guy some time and he'll soon release an update. Pretty much everything that comes out new will have glitches here and there like for example cell phones, xbox one, ps4, operating systems etc. Give the guy a break as he will soon get it right. I swear, I don't ever think Ill ever be able to sell something like Moddiction did and have to deal with crybaby customers all day long for minor things that will get fixed within updates.

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
I did the update to mine I have been running the beta for a while with no issues. I was unaware that resetting would trigger the update. I thought it would just restart the system. How do you have the update on the sd card ? Is it in a folder or on the root of the drive ?

Last edited:

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
when you open your usb drive on your computer it should look like this.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Myjaja, I hope you're not referring to me. I'm not whining, crying or bitching. I actually asked Moddiction for the files just to add another tester under their belt to prevent a flood of issues like this. Obviously that was a good choice, since there's something going on with the .rar file I was sent or my unit. Working the bug out before this hits the masses is the intention of a beta. That being said, I do agree there are some on here that go a little too far.

The intructions say to put everything from the .rar onto the root directory of the USB stick, not in a folder. I've tried this many ways just for testing purposes (leaving the update folder alone, putting the update folder contents on the root directory also, putting the whole folder on the root directort.).

The instructionso also say to use the "system reset" option, not system update. I worked with moddiction himself a bit. He confirmed its the right .rar file I was linked to and that I should not use "system update"

Sponsored

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Myjaja, I hope you're not referring to me. I'm not whining, crying or bitching. I actually asked Moddiction for the files just to add another tester under their belt to prevent a flood of issues like this. Obviously that was a good choice, since there's something going on with the .rar file I was sent or my unit. Working the bug out before this hits the masses is the intention of a beta. That being said, I do agree there are some on here that go a little too far.

The intructions say to put everything from the .rar onto the root directory of the USB stick, not in a folder. I've tried this many ways just for testing purposes (leaving the update folder alone, putting the update folder contents on the root directory also, putting the whole folder on the root directort.).

The instructionso also say to use the "system reset" option, not system update. I worked with moddiction himself a bit. He confirmed its the right .rar file I was linked to and that I should not use "system update"
I think he's referring to the 30+ pages of useless comments and opinions; not necessarily you. And I totally agree with his statement. This particular thread has turned into a storybook. Most of the comments and questions have common sense answers or were answered in earlier posts but people refuse to read the entire thread. I'm glad you posted your video. Those tidbits are whats useful in this thread.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Here's the contents of my USB drive. I compared it to yours and found the filenames, dates and file sizes are the same.

I too feel some have gone way to far on this thread and can only imagine the feeling of making a great product, only to have so many complaints. Let's make this thread great again!

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)

Thats good information. I didn't get instructions. All I got was the link. I extracted the file and it gave me a folder that said mustang software. I opened it and copy pasted the contents to the root of my usb stick. plugged it in to my unit and hit the "update Software" and it updated. I took about 10 minutes. I wounder why your suppose to hit system reset.

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Not a problem!

FYI, Here are the instructions I received in full:

"You will need to format the USB drive. Once you download and unzip the software folder you have to copy the contents to the root directory on the usb drive. Can't be put into a folder. Basically open unzipped folder, copy contents and then go to removable drive, click on it and then paste on the blank screen and it should paste 18 items to root directory of USB drive.

With USB connected to the 3rd USB cable(one that comes with the unit) go to settings and click the reset system(not update) and it should turn unit off and begin uploading the software. It will take about 10 minutes as it loads the software (which you would see on the screen) if it is uploading correctly. "

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
System update seems to work for some as well. I've always been told by software developer to use system reset as it automatically pulls the update files when the unit reboots.

For some reason some have issues to load software. Really not sure why. I know it's a pain, but you could try loading it with SD card on the back. Seems for one other who's USB didn't work to update it the SD card did the trick.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Ok, I'll try using the system update option and see if that works. I just didn't want to stray from the instructions, and if something went wrong, blamed for bricking the unit.

If I need to pull the unit out, I can. Did you ever determine how the files need to be put on the SD card? I assume it's the same as USB, just dump them all on the root directory.

If I need to pull the unit again, I got those SD card extenders in the mail and can hook one of those up and report back how that goes.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yes same method for the SD card.

Unit won't get bricked. If it gets screwed up from an update there is a way to restore it and load an older software to it. That does require unplugging cables from back of unit though.

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
Why not just transfer the files to the sd from the usb. There is no need to pull the system out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.