Sponsored

Impressive GT fuel economy!

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Wouldn't impressive GT fuel economy be zero? Why would you buy a car like this and want to get Honda Accord mpg?
Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

No I didn’t. I agree the ECM/PCM calculations tend to be optimistic. However, even 27 mpg is pretty good for a 420 ft-lb, 460-Hp engine. I was surprised the 93 octane seemed to improve the fuel economy about 10% over 87. However, I realize a sample of one is not real proof.
Good to hear. The difference you pay per gallon for premium negates what you gain in mpg. I usually run mid grade 89 and get 25mpg at 80mph. I would speculate it would be higher if I was to slow to 70mph, and that is with the AFE bias adjusted. Not bad for these big V8's I would say.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Some folks actually travel in their Mustangs...
Not really sure how to answer this. I am assuming that everyone "travels" in their Mustang. In case you mean they take long trips and what good gas mileage, I default back to my original post. If you are concerned about cost of fuel, then you should travel in a vehicle that gets better gas mileage by design. You are already defeated driving a Mustang for good MPG's.

I think if you are just trying to see how good you can get MPG's just for kicks, then it makes more sense. You are never going to get 40+ MPG in a GT. Would be great if you could and not lose any performance, but until they electrify and go with a smaller ICE engine, you have no hope of making a GT a good long trip car....for high MPG's.

I still think getting zero or less than 5 even would be far more impressive than getting 30 and a heck of a lot more fun.

BarberStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (base,6Spd,BAP)
Okay, heres my $00.02. I think everyone complaining about the whole its a v8 not a hybrid etc etc etc is missing the target. I have yet to see in this thread someone complain about the gas mileage only just get excited at how great it can be. I see nothing wrong with that? If I get 25ish mpg on a commute to come home, and burn it all with a burnout why do you take to the extreme to say I basically shouldnt have gotten the car to wish for better miles per gallon? I bought, and others bought the car with v8 gas mileage in mind. I figured it would be less than 17 knowing how Ford used to be with the EPA. Yet, it turns out it can do way better than past Mustangs with even more power. Thats a win for hrspr heads, and for the penny pincher enthusiasts. I dont know how else to say this, its actually pretty simple the difference in being happy with more gas mileage over people straight up complaining with it not getting higher? How do you not see the difference?

Sponsored

McGruder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue '19 GT w/ 10 spd
I have 4300 (ish) miles and have averaged 21.5 with a lot of DD to work.

Here are the numbers on some notable road trips:

75 miles - Winter Park, CO to Lakewood, CO 34 mpg. Significant elevation decline.
325 miles - Lakewood to Delta - 27 mpg. Up an over a big hill.
115 miles - Pueblo to Denver - 29 mpg.

BarberStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (base,6Spd,BAP)
I have 4300 (ish) miles and have averaged 21.5 with a lot of DD to work.

Here are the numbers on some notable road trips:

75 miles - Winter Park, CO to Lakewood, CO 34 mpg. Significant elevation decline.
325 miles - Lakewood to Delta - 27 mpg. Up an over a big hill.
115 miles - Pueblo to Denver - 29 mpg.
See that makes me smile because it makes play time so much better. Like Dr Jekyl, and Mr Hyde.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Okay, heres my $00.02. I think everyone complaining about the whole its a v8 not a hybrid etc etc etc is missing the target. I have yet to see in this thread someone complain about the gas mileage only just get excited at how great it can be. I see nothing wrong with that? If I get 25ish mpg on a commute to come home, and burn it all with a burnout why do you take to the extreme to say I basically shouldnt have gotten the car to wish for better miles per gallon? I bought, and others bought the car with v8 gas mileage in mind. I figured it would be less than 17 knowing how Ford used to be with the EPA. Yet, it turns out it can do way better than past Mustangs with even more power. Thats a win for hrspr heads, and for the penny pincher enthusiasts. I dont know how else to say this, its actually pretty simple the difference in being happy with more gas mileage over people straight up complaining with it not getting higher? How do you not see the difference?
Ok I admit I do not care about the MPG's my Mustang gets. I apologize for raining on your parade. Carry on....I won't interrupt again.
Sponsored