OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
I did have two OE tires replaced on my 2015 because they could not get them balanced. Now that I think about it, I had discount tire address the issue. Manufacturer warranty from Pirelli gave them the ability to do the work.

The dealer I bought from has been awesome and said they would replace tires if needed. I will give them first crack.

I stopped at another dealer on the way home after purchasing and they wanted 500 miles on them first as well. Ford policy they said.

Build Date 5/30/17 It did not sit on the lot that long.
Sponsored

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
4. My wife LOVES!!! the convertible. Happy wife= happy life.
Mine hates it, lol. Every time she's in the car with me, we have to have the windows up when the top is down. She hates how I drive it. She's always cold. It's summer, and your in a convertible sports car. Deal with it!

That said - I did just the other night notice something - we were leaving a concert around 1am and she was complaining she was cold (even with the heat jacked up and her heated seat on) - She's complained about this many times before but I thought she was just being a pain. I finally reached over to her (I normally try to keep both hands on the wheel when at speed) and around in a few spots - for sure, even with the heat on, there is a sort of wind tunnel effect that comes down the center console and between the front seats. Was about 60F out.

Maybe one of those wind deflectors that sits right behind the front seats would help but I don't want to spend $800 on that right now.

Congrats on the switch - I take my top down every chance I can; even for short 5 minute runs to a store. I probably will until it starts snowing and even then, so long as it's not actually snowing and > 20F, probably still will, haha.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Mine hates it, lol. Every time she's in the car with me, we have to have the windows up when the top is down. She hates how I drive it. She's always cold. It's summer, and your in a convertible sports car. Deal with it!

That said - I did just the other night notice something - we were leaving a concert around 1am and she was complaining she was cold (even with the heat jacked up and her heated seat on) - She's complained about this many times before but I thought she was just being a pain. I finally reached over to her (I normally try to keep both hands on the wheel when at speed) and around in a few spots - for sure, even with the heat on, there is a sort of wind tunnel effect that comes down the center console and between the front seats. Was about 60F out.

Maybe one of those wind deflectors that sits right behind the front seats would help but I don't want to spend $800 on that right now.

Congrats on the switch - I take my top down every chance I can; even for short 5 minute runs to a store. I probably will until it starts snowing and even then, so long as it's not actually snowing and > 20F, probably still will, haha.
That would help for sure, its the air coming from behind that is the problem.

Sounds like she just isn't a convertible chick tho.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Speaking of wife's not liking convertibles, this is my 4th one. I bought the '67 Firebird in 1977 from a High School buddy for $200 and had it until 1985. Bottom line is these were always MY car. She almost never rides in them because of fear of skin cancer. After I had quad bypass the Summer of 2015, recovery was tough, trouble shifting the manual. She knew I would always own a ragtop but, offered to buy me a 2015 as long as it was a coupe. Honestly, I tried to like one but after a test drive there was no way. I needed the wind in my hair (what I have left) and the sun shining down as I drive by the beach on my way home. Yes, sunblock and ball cap are standard but, I just can't stand being in a metal box no matter how good it looks. By comparison to my '67 Firebird, the '15 is the space shuttle compared to the Wright Flyer. I love it! :cheers:
HIFBIRD85.jpg
04Pony.jpg
P1120974.JPG
DSC_3160.JPG

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
Hey guys this is my 4th Mustang Convertible - 1st GT. There is a significant improvement in the '15 to '17 body style and I think it is first class. There is a difference of night and day from my '03 Terminator convertible. It is blast to drive and fun to take friends for a ride. Only drawback is the northeast limits the topless drives for 5 to 6 months.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SterlingStangMan, those are some nice rides. The firebird really brings back some good memories. Loved those cars. My wife had one when we met. Not convertible but still gorgeous. Wife and car.

Last edited:

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I loved the Firebird but it was an East Cost car and everytime I had the cancer (rust) repaired it would be back in five years. It would have taken a full frame off restoration and a new subframe to really make it right. I can say I DO NOT miss drum brakes all around - especially bad when I took it to Hawaii twice with all the rain! I checked out a 2002 Firebird T-Top before getting the '04 Mustang and hated how low I sat, how small the T-Top openings where - the Mustangs always made me fill like I was sitting like an adult and not some kid racer LOL!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hahaha, wow, my wife LOVES it, outside of some real scorching summer days where we're headed to some kind of event (and don't want to show up dripping with sweat), she pretty much always wants the top down.

She IS a convertible chick though, she had a Z3 and a 330Ci.

Honestly most of the peak summer months here it can be a bit warm, especially if you're poking around in traffic, but the fall and spring is just *amazing*, humidity drops way down, weeks of sunshine with any rain, nice during the day with maybe just a hoodie in the evening and some seat heaters on :)

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Welcome to the club! I'm on my 4th Mustang (2nd vert) and love it. Hope you get the vibration issues worked out soon so you can enjoy how smooth these cars really are.

Couple of quick comments; I also love the trunk space, especially compared to a Camaro or my sister-in-law's Chrysler Crossfire. Both lose over half the trunk space when you lower the top. Love being able to lower it on a whim even with lots of luggage packed away.

Magnetic in a vert is probably a good stealth color. I have Guard and am convinced it's urban camouflage.

Finally gas mileage is less in a ragtop. Top up it is less aerodynamic than a coupe, and top down it's a V8 powered parachute. Totally worth it though!

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!

There is a thread here about how to make one for under $100. Edit, here it is: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87579

At 60 degrees I'll ride with the top down, but I'd not subject anyone else to it. That is a bit chilly in a vert, if you are not dressed properly or get cold easily.

I put the top up at 59 degrees though... once in the 50s (or above 92), I'm done.

To the OP: I love this vert... trunk space is great... fun car to drive. Luckily I've not had trouble out of it... very happy about that.

Dave99GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang Convertible
To the OP: try having the wheels/tires road force balanced to get rid of the vibration issue. If it is a rear tire/wheel issue, not sure you would ever feel it in the steering wheel. My 2003 Cobra vert had a vibration that made the rear view mirror useless at some speeds. A new driveshaft and road force balancing of all four wheels took care of the issue. On my fifth Mustang vert now, have loved each of them!

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The car is in the shop now. The dealer road force balanced all four tires and had to replace one. A quick drive did not reassure me that the vibration was gone. We went and puled an identical car off the lot and drove it for comparison. It had vibration as well.:shrug: It was a short drive.

I asked them to check the drive shaft balance and make sure nothing was coming from there. They would have time to do this because they had to re-paint my wheels. The person who balanced the tires scratched the crap out of them. :frusty:

The lead mechanic did not sound encouraging. He was regaling with with stories of Mustangs that "really" had vibration problems unlike mine.

After I get it back, I might take it to get the driveshaft balanced by a shop locally.

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New wheels and tires from another car on lot. Road forced them and vibration seems better. Vibration range is smaller and less intense. They did figure out how to balance without scratching the new ones.

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
My girl didn't like it when I was shopping but after the first cruise with the top down it seems like we can't go anywhere without dropping it. I don't like having down when it's over 100 out or raining
Sponsored