Sponsored

im going to install my phase 2 myself. ok to drive to the dealer 30 miles away if i baby it

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
so as the title says im going to install my pulley, plugs and bap myself ..even though i have the ngks one step colder in there already...think it would be safe if i drive to the dealer 32 miles away cause there the closest roush dealer that can flash the tune on ..im not paying dealer prices for a bap pulley and plugs that i can easily do myself

asking cause i have no idea if the bap is always bumping the pressure or does it only do it when im in boost and the ecu tells it to pull for fuel
any advice would be appreciated
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Does the kit repurpose any I/o's or resize the tb, maf, or injectors?

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
so as the title says im going to install my pulley, plugs and bap myself ..even though i have the ngks one step colder in there already...think it would be safe if i drive to the dealer 32 miles away cause there the closest roush dealer that can flash the tune on ..im not
so as the title says im going to install my pulley, plugs and bap myself ..even though i have the ngks one step colder in there already...think it would be safe if i drive to the dealer 32 miles away cause there the closest roush dealer that can flash the tune on ..im not paying dealer prices for a bap pulley and plugs that i can easily do myself

asking cause i have no idea if the bap is always bumping the pressure or does it only do it when im in boost and the ecu tells it to pull for fuel
any advice would be appreciated
Just install everything but don’t plug in the bap. Plug it in at the dealer. It will take 5 minutes. And just don’t go into boost and you will be fine. It has the same injectors. The BAP is obviously for the extra fuel needed under boost.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
k will do i figured as much.. i knew the bap kicked on in boost.. never had a bap i always upgraded the pump on my other cars ( they were turbo) ill just mount it and all in the trunk and get everything else done .and like ya said ill hook it up there

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Just stay out of boost on the way there to be safe and you'll be fine. If you're using a throttle-referenced BAP you can plug that in too since you won't be going heavy on the throttle if you're staying out of boost. If you have a BAP that's always boosting then best to plug it in when you get there.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
id have to check or research what one roush uses ..it just says digital pump booster that you mount in the trunk thats pnp only need to make a ground for it

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Stay out of boost and you'll be fine.

Also OK to plug in the BAP either way. It won't supply more fuel pressure than is commanded for by the tune.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
nice so i can do everything at home and just breeze my way up to the dealer ..appreciate the input

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
so one more question i swear lol .. my car has the ngk 6510s in it as i put them in. the new kit comes with ford plug sp524 think i should use the ford plugs or leave the 65s in .think there the same heat range only the ford plug is a tad bit shorter like .026 and the fords are good old copper core

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'd leave the 6510's in if they are new. They are what I am running.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
yeah they only have about 1k miles on them

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
I would send those plugs back to Roush. The phase two kit is supposed to come with NGK 6510’s now. Have them send you new one. My phase 2 came with the NGK. I heard they were having problems with the ford ones under high boost.

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would send those plugs back to Roush. The phase two kit is supposed to come with NGK 6510’s now. Have them send you new one. My phase 2 came with the NGK. I heard they were having problems with the ford ones under high boost.
Mine came with the NGK’s too...

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
ahh yeah its odd..... on the vid from am they show ngk.. but on the kit it shows ford .. sok i have ngk s in there already so im safe ill check the package out when it come and see what they sent if there ford ill send them back and get a spare set of ngks

humm i put ngk,s in and im only phase one atm gapped at .028.. i assume there ok for phase one also
Sponsored