Sponsored

I'm baaaack!

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So in 10/2017, I had to get rid of my GT350, because my son got his license at the age of 16 1/2, and my car insurance went from $240/mo, to $770/mo, because of my GT350. Shelby had to go! Fast forward 3.5 years, and said child is now out of the house, on his own, and off my insurance. Say hello to my Fighter Jet Gray Mach 1, that I ordered in December! I immediately removed that tiny hideous rear spoiler and put on the FRPP GT350 rear spoiler, diode dynamic smoked sidemarkers, and a MBRP resonator delete. I do plan to change the wheels sooner than later. I'm on the fence whether to do take-off GT350 wheels, or the ford performance PP2 wheels, and adding the OEM Handling Pack front wheel lips. This is my 3rd S550, and I am very very happy with it!

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful ride man!
I wouldn't say the stock splitter is hideous. I think it looks very tasteful for those that don't want to be too flashy.
Looks good either way

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Can you provide a link to that rear splitter? Thanks.

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
Congrats on the Mach 1! Since you had the GT350, which one do you like better? I just sold my PP2 and need a another mustang. I'm considering the Mach 1 HP or a used GT350. I had a 17 GT350 and loved that damn car and really miss it!

OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Sponsored

OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Congrats on the Mach 1! Since you had the GT350, which one do you like better? I just sold my PP2 and need a another mustang. I'm considering the Mach 1 HP or a used GT350. I had a 17 GT350 and loved that damn car and really miss it!
A used GT350 and the Mach are priced quite closely. The voodoo engine is wicked and has a sound and powerband very different from this engine. In actuality, there's a whopping 46 hp difference, and to me this 5.0 feels more torquey and has better street manners.

The Mach is the best of both worlds in a mashup of the Ford parts bin (I know that's a four letter word for these cars, but I love how they did it). The tremec is amazing. Having the extra oil/trans/diff cooling puts me at ease for when I plan to take it to a track day.

The HP on these cars is cool, but I don't see the price tag of $3500 justifying wheels/tires/splitter/spoiler. One thing I find unique is the standard wheels are .5" wider front and rear over the standard mustang GT performance pack wheels, and use the same 255 and 275 tire sizes. I don't know why they didn't put 275's on the front 9.5 and 295's on the rear 10's, they will fit perfectly. I plan to change my wheels for either take-off GT350 or FRPP PP2 wheels in the near future.

I miss my GT350 too. I daily'd the car, and always felt like I was on defcon 4 when driving it, I don't have that feeling in my mach.

Having driven both, I will say that I am very very happy with my Mach 1.

Last edited:

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
A used GT350 and the Mach are priced quite closely. The voodoo engine is wicked and has a sound and power band very different from this engine. In actuality, there's a whopping 46 hp difference, and the this 5.0 feels more torquey and better street manners.

The Mach is the best of both worlds in a mashup of the Ford parts bin (I know that's a four letter word for these cars, but I love how they did it). The tremec is amazing. Having the extra oil/trans/diff cooling puts me at ease for when I plan to take it to a track day.

The HP on these cars is cool, but I don't see the price tag of $3500 justifying wheels/tires/splitter/spoiler. One thing I find unique is the standard wheels are .5" wider front and rear over the standard mustang GT performance pack wheels, and use the same 255 and 275 tire sizes. I won't know why they didn't put 275's on the front 9.5 and 295's on the rear 10's, they will fit perfectly. I plan to change my wheels for either take-off GT350 or FRPP PP2 wheels in the near future.

I miss my GT350 too. I daily'd the car, and always felt like I was on defcon 4 when driving it, I don't have that feeling in my mach.

Having driven both, I will say that I am very very happy with my Mach 1.
Thanks for the insight, buddy. Decisions, decisions...haha

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
A used GT350 and the Mach are priced quite closely. The voodoo engine is wicked and has a sound and powerband very different from this engine. In actuality, there's a whopping 46 hp difference, and to me this 5.0 feels more torquey and has better street manners.
It's actually a bit less than that, looking at multiple dynos of the Bullitt and GT350 its more of an average of 40whp difference, and the Bullitt/mach1 engine makes about 15wTQ more. Thats not accounting for any ECU tweaks/refinements that Ford gave the mach1.
Sponsored