Illiminated Sill Plates

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Never did get them installed I'd love at input from those who did though!!! I just didn't want plain white, wanted what was originally expected.. The sills to match my ambient lighting. Is that too much to ask?
My brother installed the sills on his 50th, we did the Forscan, it all worked! :)
Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Still dont have mine running yet. Not sure why I am leery about messing with ForScan but I am, so I am thinking of hardwiring them to the other MyColor LEDs under the dash.

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
Still dont have mine running yet. Not sure why I am leery about messing with ForScan but I am, so I am thinking of hardwiring them to the other MyColor LEDs under the dash.
Funny, I was just thinking that yesterday. If you end up doing it, please post pictures and a brief write up if you don't mind. I don't have a laptop so I cannot use Forscan. I considered buying a cheap laptop, but I don't have any other use for one.

I would rather have it not hooked up than wire it for just one color... Although, maybe white wouldn't be bad.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Funny, I was just thinking that yesterday. If you end up doing it, please post pictures and a brief write up if you don't mind. I don't have a laptop so I cannot use Forscan. I considered buying a cheap laptop, but I don't have any other use for one.

I would rather have it not hooked up than wire it for just one color... Although, maybe white wouldn't be bad.
If you do decide to wire it for say only one color.it would be easy to wire it up to work for you. I believe your mustang is 2015 correct ? you could easily run the wires to your console ware the light for the shifter .

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you do decide to wire it for say only one color.it would be easy to wire it up to work for you. I believe your mustang is 2015 correct ? you could easily run the wires to your console ware the light for the shifter .
Hmm.. If the door sill is powered by the under dash "my color" or the light of the center console, would the light always be on if those lights are on? I would only want it on if the door is open.

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Hmm.. If the door sill is powered by the under dash "my color" or the light of the center console, would the light always be on if those lights are on? I would only want it on if the door is open.
So when you open your Door ..that light Usually illuminates as well.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
By any chance do you have the door panels that has the lights on inner door handles?

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Crap, I didnt think about them being on when the door is closed. I would wire it up to change with MyColor but, yea, it will be on when the door is closed and that's no bueno. I was told the dealerships would turn that circuit on for you if needed but, come to find out they were only doing that right when the s550 came out and stopped before I put mine in 3-4 years ago.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I have a set of the Illuminated “Mustang GT” ones from Ford Show parts if anyone is interested.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So when you open your Door ..that light Usually illuminates as well.
Hmm.. I don't have a shifter light. I have a manual.
By any chance do you have the door panels that has the lights on inner door handles?
Yes I have the mycolor lights on the inner door handles, cup holders, and foot well.

I ended up wiring it for the blue light. I think I will just leave it this way for the time being.

They do sell RGB controllers on Ebay. I was thinking of hooking the door sill to that so I can change the colors with the remote or through an app on the phone.

The only mycolors I use are ice blue or white so that RGB controller seems like overkill.

My other thought was to remove the light and wiring to the door sill. Then buy LED RGB strips. Duct tape them where the stock lights were. Then again you could control the colors with the remote or an app. I was just a bit reluctant to hack up $300+ door sills.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Hmm.. I don't have a shifter light. I have a manual.

Yes I have the mycolor lights on the inner door handles, cup holders, and foot well.

I ended up wiring it for the blue light. I think I will just leave it this way for the time being.

They do sell RGB controllers on Ebay. I was thinking of hooking the door sill to that so I can change the colors with the remote or through an app on the phone.

The only mycolors I use are ice blue or white so that RGB controller seems like overkill.

My other thought was to remove the light and wiring to the door sill. Then buy LED RGB strips. Duct tape them where the stock lights were. Then again you could control the colors with the remote or an app. I was just a bit reluctant to hack up $300+ door sills.
If you all ready have the my color ? Should have just been plug in play with the door sills.

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you all ready have the my color ? Should have just been plug in play with the door sills.
Normally yes. The 50th Anniversary Limited Editions came with a unique non-lighted door sill. It has the plug, but it is not powered so swapping is not a plug-and-play deal. It is stupid because the lighted door sill I bought is available only for the LE (You have to provide the VIN).

The other dumb thing about the LE is that it is a Premium with the Performance Package from the factory; BUT they decided not to put backup sensors or adaptive cruise control like other Premium models. I think the Bronco First Edition had something similar; fully loaded but was missing something the lower models had. I can't remember what it was.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Ok.so I would save the money on the rgb color changer and just make a harness for each of the door sills .5 wires I believe for both sides and tap in the cup holder lights. Or the foot well lights.
Sponsored

Last edited: