Sponsored

idle rpm for stock 5.OL

MustangNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 cobra
Hey guys I just notice this in my car and I was wondering if it is a common theme among the group. My car seems to idle half way between the 750 mark and 500 mark; ~625-650ish. Is this normal? When I let off the brakes it will adjust to 750 on the nose for a couple seconds and eventually settle back to the ~625-650 mark.
Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I believe it is 650 (I don't remember exactly). If you have the manual transmission, the idle speed goes up a bit to assist with forward creeping using the clutch without throttle, and drops to 650ish after it thinks you're going to stay stationary.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
After my Lund Tune, my idle is around 740ish. Before the tune it was lower around the 650 range.

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
I believe it is 650 (I don't remember exactly). If you have the manual transmission, the idle speed goes up a bit to assist with forward creeping using the clutch without throttle, and drops to 650ish after it thinks you're going to stay stationary.
This.

OP
OP

MustangNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 cobra
Ah this makes sense thanks everyone! The creep function is pretty handy for traffic I must admit

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
After my Lund Tune, my idle is around 740ish. Before the tune it was lower around the 650 range.
Mine too, Demon. After I installed the Lund tune, I thought my idle rpms had gone up some. Couldn't really remember what it had been, but I thought it increased. Posted this concern in another thread, and some folks replied that 750 is normal. Not really worried about it I suppose.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Does your car ever rock to the left and right while the engine is warming up? Mine will do this after warming up for about 2 minutes. It'll rock softly after about 2 minutes then it goes away and then repeats. Normal? First V8 manual transmission.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Does your car ever rock to the left and right while the engine is warming up? Mine will do this after warming up for about 2 minutes. It'll rock softly after about 2 minutes then it goes away and then repeats. Normal? First V8 manual transmission.
I haven't noticed any rocking, John. But Ill pay attention to her in the morning to see if I can detect any.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Normal. I rather enjoy it.

Sponsored

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Yup it's rocks and I HATE it

350sexZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 50yr ww 6spd -2014 explorer sport
A little off topic but still on. I think I might have a slight vacuum leak. At idle the vacuum gauge should remain steady correct. Mine jumps a little at idle.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine too, Demon. After I installed the Lund tune, I thought my idle rpms had gone up some. Couldn't really remember what it had been, but I thought it increased. Posted this concern in another thread, and some folks replied that 750 is normal. Not really worried about it I suppose.
I honestly like the way it idles now (@ 750), rather than what it was before, almost made it sound like the car had baby baby cams lol.

AngryBeavers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black gt
A little off topic but still on. I think I might have a slight vacuum leak. At idle the vacuum gauge should remain steady correct. Mine jumps a little at idle.
Do the RPMs jump with it? Mine does this the vaccuum will hover around ~20.9 or so then I hear a skip in the exhaust and it will click up to ~18.8. then same thing and back down. You can feel it in the shifter if your hand is resting on it. Only does it sometimes is that a vaccuum leak?
Sponsored