idle problems

Tasmanian2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey, 16 GT here with the same issues your car was showing, I was wondering what exactly was changed on your car and if those changes repaired the issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey, 16 GT here with the same issues your car was showing, I was wondering what exactly was changed on your car and if those changes repaired the issue?

@ 54k miles, my CEL light came on - first and only time that happened. According to notes, O2 sensor indicating TOO lean -- found p0171 , tech performed eec test -- tech advised to change INJECTORS. They were replaced.
25k miles later and issue has NOT come back.

I hate that as owners we KNOW there is something wrong but techs need a CEL to work the problem out...good luck.

Btw, if your issue is just after fueling up, it might just be the purge valve. I read about it and its a pretty common problem in fords.

Tasmanian2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@ 54k miles, my CEL light came on - first and only time that happened. According to notes, O2 sensor indicating TOO lean -- found p0171 , tech performed eec test -- tech advised to change INJECTORS. They were replaced.
25k miles later and issue has NOT come back.

I hate that as owners we KNOW there is something wrong but techs need a CEL to work the problem out...good luck.

Btw, if your issue is just after fueling up, it might just be the purge valve. I read about it and its a pretty common problem in fords.
Been hearing a lot about replacing the purge valve, would this be a part I would have to go to the dealer to get? Or could I just order it online?

OP
OP

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Been hearing a lot about replacing the purge valve, would this be a part I would have to go to the dealer to get? Or could I just order it online?
Apparently it is a pretty inexpensive part and easy to change. When I bought my car I also bought the 100k extended warranty so purge valve and injectors were covered and dealer did work. I dont know how many miles are on your 2016 but eventually the AC evaporator will also malfunction lol mine went out at 65k (covered under the extended warranty - apparently another common ford problem)...
As for the purge valve, there should be a few youtube vids.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Its a pretty cheap part and easy to do yourself. Grab it from Tasca or whatever online dealer you want.

Sponsored