idle problems

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I never get that kind of respect when I yell at the neighborhood kids to get the hell off my lawn...
Well - maybe if you put pants on before you stormed out onto the porch...

OP
OP

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I wouldn't make any modifications to any systems until you know for sure what's causing the problem. Everytime you change something without knowing what the problem is you introduce the possibility of making the problem worse, or creating an entirely new problem. Further, since your car is still under warranty you don't want to give Ford any reasons to deny coverage. Pretty much any modification you make to the car can be used as grounds to deny warranty coverage, so be careful.

The fuel cap is a pretty simple device. It's just a poppet valve that seals the filler port. If you push on it you'll feel a spring pushing it closed. If it's sticking open then I would let the dealer know and have a technician replace it, otherwise I'd leave it.
Yes, I agree. So far since I've picked up the car from the dealer I've put 300 mi. I've fueled up the car twice and RPM's DID NOT drop like wanting to stall :rockon:. Also, today the rpms did not drop WHILE driving. So, so far good news. Will be keeping an eye this week to see if maybe this change did solve the problem.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Yes, I agree. So far since I've picked up the car from the dealer I've put 300 mi. I've fueled up the car twice and RPM's DID NOT drop like wanting to stall :rockon:. Also, today the rpms did not drop WHILE driving. So, so far good news. Will be keeping an eye this week to see if maybe this change did solve the problem.
What exactly did the dealer do for you ? Cureous to what was repaired at their end ..

Sponsored

OP
OP

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
What exactly did the dealer do for you ? Cureous to what was repaired at their end ..
This is what they have done: "Performed electr engine diag, self test PCM P1450. Pintest DTC and perform PID data monitor and record PID values for fuel evap system. Test CANP, CANV, and FTP sensors. Inspect and replace canister purge valve due to stuck open purge valve. Retest to verify repair".

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
This is what they have done: "Performed electr engine diag, self test PCM P1450. Pintest DTC and perform PID data monitor and record PID values for fuel evap system. Test CANP, CANV, and FTP sensors. Inspect and replace canister purge valve due to stuck open purge valve. Retest to verify repair".
I got a purge valve related CEL and replaced it myself. The one with the black valve closer to the coils is the old one. Revised ones are white like shown underneath it.

Breather and Evap.JPG

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Sorry - two things:
1) maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you visited the dealer...he replaced that E.P.V. under the extended warranty (and ran those other tests)...and then you left but weren't happy(?) So have you returned for a second visit?
2) I assume the R.O. states the p/n for the part(s) they replaced? If you could please post it.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Sorry - two things:
1) maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you visited the dealer...he replaced that E.P.V. under the extended warranty (and ran those other tests)...and then you left but weren't happy(?) So have you returned for a second visit?
2) I assume the R.O. states the p/n for the part(s) they replaced? If you could please post it.
That's why I posted picture of my EPV swap. It sounded like the dealer swapped out OP's EPV but wasn't quite sure. He can at least tell us if his current EVP is the revised one.

OP
OP

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Sorry - two things:
Yes, I visited my dealer for this concern, since I have the extended warranty that I am paying for might as well use it. As my original post stated the main issue was after fueling up the car acted as if it wanted to stall, noticed the a/f ratio would act all hyper for the first 5 mins after fueling.

Informed the dealer of the issue and they kept the car for 4 days, but hey I got a loaner car and paid absolutely nothing...

What I posted above is what the dealer wrote on my report/receipt...will post again:

"Performed electr engine diag, self test PCM P1450. Pintest DTC and perform PID data monitor and record PID values for fuel evap system. Test CANP, CANV, and FTP sensors. Inspect and replace canister purge valve due to stuck open purge valve. Retest to verify repair".

The dealer replaced the canister purge valve.

I picked up my car. I then posted that I would keep an eye on the car after fueling to see if issue continues, I have so far fueled up twice and the car DID NOT replicate the issue. I will continue to check on that.

I hope this cleared up any confusion.

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Yes, I visited my dealer for this concern, since I have the extended warranty that I am paying for might as well use it. As my original post stated the main issue was after fueling up the car acted as if it wanted to stall, noticed the a/f ratio would act all hyper for the first 5 mins after fueling.

Informed the dealer of the issue and they kept the car for 4 days, but hey I got a loaner car and paid absolutely nothing...

What I posted above is what the dealer wrote on my report/receipt...will post again:

"Performed electr engine diag, self test PCM P1450. Pintest DTC and perform PID data monitor and record PID values for fuel evap system. Test CANP, CANV, and FTP sensors. Inspect and replace canister purge valve due to stuck open purge valve. Retest to verify repair".

The dealer replaced the canister purge valve.

I picked up my car. I then posted that I would keep an eye on the car after fueling to see if issue continues, I have so far fueled up twice and the car DID NOT replicate the issue. I will continue to check on that.

I hope this cleared up any confusion.
Thanks for the clarification, just wanted to confirm a common issue for the older EBs. I ended up with CEL myself before the EPV swap. Did you double check to see if you indeed have the updated EPV?

OP
OP

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks for the clarification, just wanted to confirm a common issue for the older EBs. I ended up with CEL myself before the EPV swap. Did you double check to see if you indeed have the updated EPV?
Sorry for the delay. I will remove the engine cover during the weekend to make sure they installed the revised one. I also found a vid on youtube about it.

Interesting that my car NEVER ever had a CEL.

I will report back during the weekend to let you know once I see it.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
No worries, now I remember that the engine cover covers up the EPV, as I had my engine cover off since installing the strut tower bar. I happened to get a CEL but many others had issues without triggering CEL. This seems to be the same for the low-pressure fuel sensor where some gets CEL, some finds out via data logging.

OP
OP

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
No worries, now I remember that the engine cover covers up the EPV, as I had my engine cover off since installing the strut tower bar. I happened to get a CEL but many others had issues without triggering CEL. This seems to be the same for the low-pressure fuel sensor where some gets CEL, some finds out via data logging.
So I made sure it was the right one!
Also, I have not had the issue anymore after fueling! Hopefully it will remain that way. :clap::like:

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
So I made sure it was the right one!
Also, I have not had the issue anymore after fueling! Hopefully it will remain that way. :clap::like:
Thanks for checking, no issues with my revised one so far. Some folks, like myself, got CEL for the purge valve but many others did not.
Sponsored