Rough idle

ctorres2332

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
Would it consistently drop or was it irregular? With mine it will drop for a few seconds and then go back up.
Mine was consistently rough idle when placing car in neutral. Like when had it on D and stopped on traffic it was less noise and when placing it on N it make more noise and vibration.
Sponsored

BoostedNate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Well I'm more or less back to square one on this issue. My car actually stalled this morning on a cold start. But then drove fine and idled fine afterwards. I'm being told it's either a vacuum leak or dirty valves.
I enabled a value on the access port called evap can purge % and I notice when the idle drop occurs the can purge % drops to 0. When the idle is fine the value builds while idling and doesn't drop. I did replace the evap purge hose part about 2 years ago because it was throwing code but I'm wondering if maybe it's going bad again?

BoostedNate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Took the car to Ford and they're claiming that they need to remove the transmission to look at the clutch, for $880, because when they "press the clutch in the idle goes up". I spoke to a tuner and a mechanic and they said that's because of the ECU's built in take off assist that blips the RPM's up when the clutch is pressed. The engine has passed all tests and diagnostics. The clutch is only a year old.
Super frustrated about this.
Sponsored