Sponsored

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
I don’t think the Superformance is a kit...
You are right, good catch. I generically lumped it in with the other kits which is incorrect. Superformance cars are a complete rolling chassis sans only engine and transmission.

Last edited:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
@svttim doesn’t Shelby have CSX or CSM for Superformance Daytona coupes?
Superformance has their own line of vehicles when are Superformance cars:

it gets confusing because there is a Superformance Cobra 🐍, but it has a more modernized body and modern parts like Coyote engine, bigger wheels, etc.

then they have licensed products like the GM licensed Grand Sport and the Shelby Legendary Cars, which include the GT40, slab side Cobra, Cobra 429, and the Daytona Coupe. Those vehicles are a Shelby licensed product and come with a CSX number.

A Superformance Cobra is less expensive than the Shelby Cobra because of that CSX number.

Brand new chassis sold by Superformance come without an engine installed, per government regulations, they cannot sell a completed car, so the vehicle is sent to approved installers where the vehicle is finished.

They can sell vehicles that are already titled that have their engines installed.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/cob...b_social_HRN_190327_sf209463484&sf209463484=1

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
That was awesome. Thanks for posting.
I've not seen that interview with Mr. Brock. He is so articulate and straightforward. It is abundantly clear what an abiding love he had for Mr. Remington, Mr. Miles, and all the other brilliant contributors of that fantastically designed race car. I'm so glad I was in my late teens when those men designed and built that car and the races that subsequently occurred. I loved following their accomplishments as they happened. Thank you for posting that wonderful interview.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I've not seen that interview with Mr. Brock. He is so articulate and straightforward. It is abundantly clear what an abiding love he had for Mr. Remington, Mr. Miles, and all the other brilliant contributors of that fantastically designed race car. I'm so glad I was in my late teens when those men designed and built that car and the races that subsequently occurred. I loved following their accomplishments as they happened. Thank you for posting that wonderful interview.

Peter is a great guy. I’m happy to say that he is a friend.

Sponsored

Caustic Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1965 Sunbeam Mk-1A, Kirkham 289 FIA
Thank you for sharing that interview.

I agree whole heartedly. There are not many humble, kind and successful people like that. It's refreshing and inspiring to see that we still have true gentlemen among us.....

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
My dream car..........

a superformance Daytona Coupe with a Voodoo powerplant.:inlove::inlove:
For years I planned building a Factory Five Daytona Coupe and putting a Voodoo in it, but ultimately nixed the idea after much research and talking to people who have done it and at Factory Five. I learned that due to the flat plane crank and the side exhaust, there was not a way to cross the exhaust, and thus the car would end up sounding like a four banger. If I was able to achieve an x pipe, it would have to be routed in front of the engine and then back, again, there most likely isn’t room and the look under the hood would look messy. And then even after all that, it wouldn’t sound like a gt350/R because the mufflers do play a role in that sound, which wouldn’t be there due to the side exit exhaust.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
For years I planned building a Factory Five Daytona Coupe and putting a Voodoo in it, but ultimately nixed the idea after much research and talking to people who have done it and at Factory Five. I learned that due to the flat plane crank and the side exhaust, there was not a way to cross the exhaust, and thus the car would end up sounding like a four banger. If I was able to achieve an x pipe, it would have to be routed in front of the engine and then back, again, there most likely isn’t room and the look under the hood would look messy. And then even after all that, it wouldn’t sound like a gt350/R because the mufflers do play a role in that sound, which wouldn’t be there due to the side exit exhaust.
I used to like the idea of having a car with a side exhausts but after driving a 429 Cobra with it, I’m against it. It’s the danger of the exhausts to passengers and the unaffiliated. Superformance told me it’s the driver’s responsibility to the remind passengers to jump from the car to avoid touching the exhausts. And the “snake bite” burn 🔥, I’m cool.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I don’t want side pipes so I’m good.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8