Sponsored

ID 1050x question

philly2304

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I am procharged and I am running ID 1050x injectors. My question is with a car that is driven on E85 all the time, when do I need to get the injectors cleaned? The car is sees the track very rarely and is a weekend driver. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My opinion would be if you're daily driving the car, I'd throw in a bottle of a good quality fuel cleaner every once in and a while and not worry about it. What would concern me is running E85 and NOT driving the car. Mines a track only car and my fuel system always seems tacky, but I rarely drive it. VMP has a real nice Mythbusters type E85 video that would be worth watching.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My opinion would be if you're daily driving the car, I'd throw in a bottle of a good quality fuel cleaner every once in and a while and not worry about it. What would concern me is running E85 and NOT driving the car. Mines a track only car and my fuel system always seems tacky, but I rarely drive it. VMP has a real nice Mythbusters type E85 video that would be worth watching.
Agreed if you are driving it regularly just toss in a good brand cleaner once every few months. One a month if you are worried about it but you should have no problems

OP
OP

philly2304

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It does it get driven every weekend and sometimes during the week. I just drive it in the nice weather. What do you recommend as a fuel cleaner? And is it ok with E85?

Sponsored

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No expert or any data to back it up but I like Lucas and or Techron. The Lucas has a lube in it which to me helps.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I am procharged and I am running ID 1050x injectors. My question is with a car that is driven on E85 all the time, when do I need to get the injectors cleaned? The car is sees the track very rarely and is a weekend driver. Thanks for the help.
The E85 should keep those injectors squeaky clean. I wouldn't worry too much about running injector cleaner on them.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The E85 should keep those injectors squeaky clean. I wouldn't worry too much about running injector cleaner on them.
That completely depends on how often it’s Driven. E85 absorbs moisture and causes injectors, fuel line, pumps to corrode if the car is not driven regularly
Sponsored