2015 3.7 mustang
Do these have amber or red turns
Sponsored

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
Red turns. Like I said, internals out of the regular North America tails, with clear lenses. Function just like the taillights you currently have in your car (assuming you have OEM tails).

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
I am not surprised in the least that in sunlight these will have a slight pinkish hue to them. Lens is clear and the red and yellow light mesh together to create that color and obviously at night you have no color mixing in with that unless these have enough intensity to wash out more of the sunlight than aftermarket ones.
They're definitely pinkish in daylight, and bright red at night. Your explanation is spot on.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Red turns. Like I said, internals out of the regular North America tails, with clear lenses. Function just like the taillights you currently have in your car (assuming you have OEM tails).
Not that it matters but I don't think the Ice White internals are identical to US tails. My reasoning is it does not make sense that US tails have red LEDs or red tinting over white LEDs. US tails output red light by sending white light thru red lenses. Obviously, the Ice White tails will need red LEDs (or tinting) or the lights could not be red when on, braking, turning.

I think it much more likely the Ice White tails are identical or very close to the UK tails but with US programming and possibly omitting whatever hardware UK tails have to output amber.

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
Not that it matters but I don't think the Ice White internals are identical to US tails. My reasoning is it does not make sense that US tails have red LEDs or red tinting over white LEDs. US tails output red light by sending white light thru red lenses. Obviously, the Ice White tails will need red LEDs (or tinting) or the lights could not be red when on, braking, turning.

I think it much more likely the Ice White tails are identical or very close to the UK tails but with US programming and possibly omitting whatever hardware UK tails have to output amber.
Your logic makes sense, or it would. Having been to the manufacturing plant and seen the BOM though, I assure you, it’s the internals of the US taillights with euro lenses.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I got a tracking number for mine and should be here Sunday per Fedex. I'll take pics once I get them in.
Where did you order from? All vendors I asked even before some could take orders was 1st of May best case shipping. Sounds like FP got them to vendors early.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Where did you order from? All vendors I asked even before some could take orders was 1st of May best case shipping. Sounds like FP got them to vendors early.
I ended up paying full price and ordering off of ebay with Yates Performance because it said free 4 day shipping so I knew they had them to ship now. I'm one of those that hates to order something, get told an estimated time frame then continue to wait so I just cough up more to get it sooner. I'm very impatient. lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175242080250

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I ended up paying full price and ordering off of ebay with Yates Performance because it said free 4 day shipping so I knew they had them to ship now. I'm one of those that hates to order something, get told an estimated time frame then continue to wait so I just cough up more to get it sooner. I'm very impatient. lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175242080250
Bird in the hand makes sense. I didn't even know anyone had them in stock.

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
They're definitely pinkish in daylight, and bright red at night. Your explanation is spot on.
But are they brighter than the vlands in daylight? I didn't think the vlands were very bright in daylight even when braking.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
But are they brighter than the vlands in daylight? I didn't think the vlands were very bright in daylight even when braking.
They have to be. Anything has to be brighter then Vlands. The Vlands were even more dull then the MP Concepts I have. The Renegades by Winjet are very bright red in daylight. Too bad they don't fit like they should.

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
They have to be. Anything has to be brighter then Vlands. The Vlands were even more dull then the MP Concepts I have. The Renegades by Winjet are very bright red in daylight. Too bad they don't fit like they should.
I sure hope so! Didn't have a lot faith in drivers behind me being able to see the brake lights that great 😳

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I sure hope so! Didn't have a lot faith in drivers behind me being able to see the brake lights that great 😳
Hear you there. In Florida you're lucky if people even know what a brake light in any color means. Nevermind being able to see the brightness.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Got the lights and they are in.
They fit perfect as they should. They are very bright so no issues with anyone seeing them even in daylight.
I can confirm they are more of a orange/pinkish color as opposed to a bright red.

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

light3.jpg

light4.jpg

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Nice
They fit perfect as they should. They are very bright so no issues with anyone seeing them even in daylight.
I can confirm they are more of a orange/pinkish color as opposed to a bright red.

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

light3.jpg

light4.jpg

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

light3.jpg

light4.jpg
Nice! They should look more red at night.....🤞🏻
Sponsored