I think the UPS lady must hate me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
After a long day of working around the house, I found 4 brand new 20" Cup 2s sitting in my driveway. 305/30/ZR20 and 315/30/ZR20. All for the whopping price of 1k delivered. Brand spanking new, i can still see the sticker marks from where they were removed. Late '18 manufacture date.

I dont know if they have any more, but contact ebay seller tiresgalore

The price on Tire Rack was $2100. It might be worth seeing if they have any more.

20200612_094608.jpg

20200612_094534.jpg

20200612_094450.jpg

Screenshot_20200612-213803_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Where did you get the tires from?

1k that’s half price?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
What vehicle do you need 20's on?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What vehicle do you need 20's on?
GT500 CFTP. They use a 20" wheel. I was going to get a set of signature wheels, but with all that's going on, I really shouldn't /cant.

By the way, the rectangle wear marks that Billy spoke of are on these tires

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Thought that was what you are doing....

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I emailed the seller. That was their last set. Bummer. I wasn't going to get another, but it would have been good for anyone else.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks, Tom, I thought about it but decided it was too early for an older batch of rubber, not knowing for sure how soon I'd need a set.

However, I will definitely keep my eye open for another deal.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
curious about how much did shipping cost. I know it's all based location, just ball parking. I have a set of 305/30/19s I need to sell. I don't track my car so I pulled them off as soon as I drove it home from the dealer.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
curious about how much did shipping cost. I know it's all based location, just ball parking. I have a set of 305/30/19s I need to sell. I don't track my car so I pulled them off as soon as I drove it home from the dealer.
Shipping for large online vendors that ship alot of stuff daily is not really something one can match as an individual seller. From past experience, shipping these tires alone will be about $40-60 each depending on distance.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I thought about it but decided it was too early for an older batch of rubber
I would steer clear of tires approaching 10 years old. That is about the life expectancy of the rubber these days before you see any kind of issue. Store tires in a large plastic bag that somewhat airtight and keep them out of the sun. Seriously, last year I tracked a set of tires that were about 6 years old with no problem. The tires I bought above were late '18s. They are very new in the scheme of things.

curious about how much did shipping cost
That varies. Places like tire rack and other tire sellers have prices negotiated to very reasonable costs with UPS and FedEx. If you and I went out to ship, you are going to pay based upon dimensions. I have a brand new set of 19 inch version of Cup2s sitting in Seattle at my in laws house because it costs so much to ship. I was supposed to ship them home on my airline, but my job and covid-19 got in the way. Greyhound is a cheap alternative to UPS or FedEx. However using Greyhound, you have to drop them off at a bus station and the recipient has to pick up at a bus station.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'm sure that things have changed in tire compound technology, Tom but you know us geezers, we're set in our ways. :-) I have worked in a tire lab in the past testing compounds so I'm somewhat familiar with failure causes.

Besides, this place is ready to burst at the seams with "stuff" and finding a place other than a hot attic for a stack that size would be challenging and not worth the savings. When it comes time, I hope to do the swap a bit sooner. You'll wear yours out in no time, at least those you track.

Dang sorry you couldn't pick 'em up via work.

As for shipping, I would think your discount with Fedex Ground would have been a reasonable fee.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure that things have changed in tire compound technology, Tom but you know us geezers, we're set in our ways. :-) I have worked in a tire lab in the past testing compounds so I'm somewhat familiar with failure causes.

Besides, this place is ready to burst at the seams with "stuff" and finding a place other than a hot attic for a stack that size would be challenging and not worth the savings. When it comes time, I hope to do the swap a bit sooner. You'll wear yours out in no time, at least those you track.

Dang sorry you couldn't pick 'em up via work.

As for shipping, I would think your discount with Fedex Ground would have been a reasonable fee.
Hmm, I tried to do a selectable quote on your reply and it came back with a restricted permission.... Strange.... I guess I finally made the bad guy list around here.

Anyway,

Yes, tire compounds are much more stable than years ago. As long as they are stored correctly (not in your attic) they should be fine, especially for a waxer. I hear you about a lack of room. I'm bursting at the seams with junk (as my wife calls it) but it all has use and purpose.... I keep telling myself that I need a shop with a lift and infinite amount of storage space. Unfortunately, especially with this global setback, I don't know if that will ever occur. I think its time to organize what space I have so that storage is much more efficient.

That set of tires are in safe hands (or so I am told). I will get out there one day, it is just a matter of time. As you know, the FredEx discount requires you to be there at the time of shipment with your ID. Same with the airline. I guess over the years there has been too much abuse. If I needed them ASAP, the Greyhound option I talked about above is doable, but not convenient.

The new 20" tires will get used. I hope to attend several of the track events in my local area and by December, a new set will be needed.

KB.jpg