Sponsored

I think I messed up my car guys- Urgent help needed!!

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
@Ghostrealm please take this criticism to heart. You are going about fixing your problem the wrong way. You should never just throw parts at a problem, basic troubleshooting will usually save the day and the more you learn the process the easier it will be the next time. Lots of good advice given, to be honest the purchase of a basic multimeter and learning how to use it is a great investment that will serve you well beyond this dilemma.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
hey just a thought but did ever try just disconnecting battery for a few minutes and see if everything re sets?
Yes I did this. I also ran a battery test and its running 12.5 with the car off. Car on it runs 10.5-11.30 with it running.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
@Ghostrealm please take this criticism to heart. You are going about fixing your problem the wrong way. You should never just throw parts at a problem, basic troubleshooting will usually save the day and the more you learn the process the easier it will be the next time. Lots of good advice given, to be honest the purchase of a basic multimeter and learning how to use it is a great investment that will serve you well beyond this dilemma.
I bought one and Ive been using it. So far the small fuse's look ok. I even bought a relay tester too. I just dont know how to test this multi maxi fuse. How can I test continutiy on that fuse? Just touch the end to end with a multimeter and see if there is any increase in power?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I bought one and Ive been using it. So far the small fuse's look ok. I even bought a relay tester too. I just dont know how to test this multi maxi fuse. How can I test continutiy on that fuse? Just touch the end to end with a multimeter and see if there is any increase in power?
Set the multimeter to continuity, it should have a picture of a resistor or diode on the setting. You should get a beep or 0 when you touch the leads together and a OL or something out of range when not touching. Remove the fuse being tested from the circuit, as in disconnect and remove it in this case. Then touch one electrode to each side of the fuse and look to make sure there is continuity on it. A good fuse shows up as a short circuit or 0 Ohm etc. If still in circuit, test for 12V on both sides of the fuse too and that can tell you. That method is a little more complicated because you have to know where to expect to see 12V.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
1653348543188.png

Test continuity between the red and green arrows and the red and blue arrows.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I bought one and Ive been using it.
The easiest thing to do and the first thing you should do is see if the big red wire on the alternator has power. This will tell you if you need to chase down fused links or fuses.

Like another poster said, basic trouble shooting.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much. When you test the alternator directly do you test it with the car running or off? I assume running?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
With it off, don't want you to lose any fingers in the belts. LOL

I'd try it with the Ign off and if no power try it with Ign on engine off. If no power then follow that wire to the fuse box. If you have power on that end it is the fused link.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a question would FU5Z-14526-A have the fuse already included in it? Not sure if you would know.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it. Much appreciated guys. I will let you know what I find when I test the alternator and the fuse itelf.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys I just checked sure enough it was the maxifuse . I tested the one in the car and its dead no continuity. Then I tested the new part and it has continuity. The issue is how can I remove this maxi fuse. It's the fuse that the battery alternator attach to by cables in the fuse box. How is this pulled out? It seems like it cannot be removed when pulling up on it. If you guys can let me know cause I'm yanking on it and it won't budge. I dont want to break anything attached to the fusebox trying to pull it out. Please let me know? I beleive this is what I need to make the car back to normal again finally. Thank you so much

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If someone can take this part out for me I'd pay 100 dollars to them? Can someone even do this?

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I beg you guys. I need to move my car from This spot and I can't move it until I pull out and replace this fuse. They are threatening to tow my car. It's urgent. Much appreciated.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Does your insurance have road side assistance?
Sponsored