Sponsored

I think I messed up my car guys- Urgent help needed!!

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
I just need to know what tabs need to be moved on this here circled
8132970a-6863-4f62-9353-6182ecafbf0f-jpeg-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Btw all fuses including 36 were fine it was this maxi fuse that was blown. The three bolts in the picture were easy to remove. Whats left is the maxi fuse stuck in the fuse tray and wont budge. I was trying to use pliers to pry the entire thing out it wont budge. It's held in with clips i think from the side? Does anyone know from all the experts on here how to remove this maxi metal large fuse? I will just put the new one in and should solve all my issues hopefully.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1653348543188.png

Test continuity between the red and green arrows and the red and blue arrows.
It was blown. I cant figure out how ro take this darn piece out.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I havnt removed it b4, but a quick search said this. Id link the post but my clipboard froze up so just took took a screen grab. Not sure if that will be helpful or not though. GL
Screenshot_20220528-204207~2.png

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it say where to put the screwdriver in so it releases? Can someone highlight where on the part to stick the screwdriver in? Thx so much guys.
8132970a-6863-4f62-9353-6182ecafbf0f-jpeg-jpg-jpg.jpg
I messaged this guy a few weeks ago he never wrote back to me.
screenshot_20220528-204207-2-png.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not that I saw. I'd imagine it's just pinched in there and the screw driver just releases the tension. No idea though as I havnt looked at it.

I woulda guessed looking at the replacement would make it obvious, but I guess it's not.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noone else here has replaced this ? Is this a magical part? lol

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are better angles of it. I was even trying to pull it out with pliars grabbing the posts. It wont move
b223eb5682df9a3fa962be230fe7fef0.png
77e11883f13c800d429474eac7021071.png
89ed3fd0263c5977b9ebd86c7510a63f.png

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; two thoughts. One is to have a good look at the new replacement part to see if it suggests tabs or such which may need to be released. I slightly doubt that is the problem but have not done this so do not actually know.

My second thought is when the part blew out (shorted out?) a lot of heat was generated and perhaps the plastic portion of the part may have melted and flowed some. If such turns out to be the case, it may be difficult to remove the smaller fuse block. May also damage the entire fuse assembly. I get this could be a daunting and potentially expensive thing if that entire fuse block assembly needs to be replaced. Keep in mind this is just an unsupported guess.

good luck

EDIT- looking at the new part pictured I do not see any serious tabs which might make removal difficult. The part has three sturdy nuts and on bolt which ought to hold it in place. That is why the melted plastic thinking.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did notice the bolts especially the battery bolt was really really tought to remove. I didnt see weld marks on the screws after I finally removed them?

Last edited:

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I did notice the bolts especially the battery bolt was really really tought to remove. I didnt see weld marks on the screws after O finally removed them?
Hello; This is unknown territory in my experience. I have done work on a positive ground car ( an old Jaguar) but have never reversed the polarity of a battery and driven a car. That the car started with the terminals reversed is of interest. I would have expected a dead short as soon as the terminals were connected.
I am following this thread to learn about the issue, but do not have much in the way of advice. I hope you figure this out and report. Again good luck.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Hello; two thoughts. One is to have a good look at the new replacement part to see if it suggests tabs or such which may need to be released. I slightly doubt that is the problem but have not done this so do not actually know.

My second thought is when the part blew out (shorted out?) a lot of heat was generated and perhaps the plastic portion of the part may have melted and flowed some. If such turns out to be the case, it may be difficult to remove the smaller fuse block. May also damage the entire fuse assembly. I get this could be a daunting and potentially expensive thing if that entire fuse block assembly needs to be replaced. Keep in mind this is just an unsupported guess.

good luck

EDIT- looking at the new part pictured I do not see any serious tabs which might make removal difficult. The part has three sturdy nuts and on bolt which ought to hold it in place. That is why the melted plastic thinking.
Yeah, that thing probably got really hot with hundreds of amps (momentarily) flowing through it. It may be melted on the back side.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I just need to know how this is properly removed before I we believe its melted on. I have a feeling it is a point on the clip that needs to be depressed. It feels loose to the touch but held in place by something. If it was melted on I dont think it would wiggle?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
It looks like you would release the tab at the back of it. I tried zooming in to see but it was grainy. Have a higher def pic? I’ll pm you my cell and you can send it to me. Just got in...

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok. The tab is at the back where my red arrow is. Push it back and pry slightly from the backside and it should pop out.

Pick of my car...

1A40CC59-1BE5-428B-90C8-64E174AB0F6B.jpeg
Sponsored